Question Display brightness works but the brightness control buttons not working in hp z book 17 G3

oliveria

Prominent
Jun 9, 2022
Hallo once again, I have this z book 17 G3 and I can control the brightness from the settings but the keys meant to do so are not working, all the drivers are installed and updated, it has both intel hd 530 and quadro M3000M

How can I fix this

oliveria

Prominent
Jun 9, 2022
Yes, even in bios the fn and brightness dont work, could it be a problem accross all all z book 17 G3 or it could be the windows installation procedure that wasnt done as expected, I added a second nvme ssd and installed windows in it, its of mbr partition, the other ssd is a an msata and that came with the laptop and I realized one funny thing, when I plug in my external hardsisk when when using windows in the sata ssd that came with the laptop, the external harddisk is not being read, I can only see it in the disk management as unallocated, while when I use windows from the new nvme that I added, the external harddisk is being read by the PC, could there be some errors that happend while windows was being installed in the sata ssd, for now I havent updated windows in the newly added nvme

oliveria

Prominent
Jun 9, 2022
When I try adjusting brightness via fn and the buttons, it pops up a message saying HP software framework is not installed, an it provides a link below to download and install

oliveria

Prominent
Jun 9, 2022
Kindly help me with any direct link that can
help me download this hp framework for z book 17 G3 please, if I install this, then the fn an brightness button will work, ive tried looking for the direct link to download and I cant see it in the hp website, I cant see a search option in the HP website like it is in dell website, I dont know why windows update could not install this HP framwork, thanks in advance