[SOLVED] Display computer screen, etc on TV

braxx20

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2013
I would like to display and hear, where appropriate, ALL of the content from my W 10 PC. ,not just Streaming video but ZOOM, You tube AND the Desktop as it appears, if possible. I don't have a Smart TV but it does have HDMI ports. I have Chrome on my computer and I see a "cast" option. Would a Chromecast device do that or just streaming content? Would Roku do it?
Thanks

Solution
it it not that simple. I had tried that some time ago. I forget the exact details, but the "Windows" screen was displayed, no sound and nothing else. it also messed up my TV and it took a while to get it back to normal. I think you need to do something with the computer first to make sure this works

PS, I did not get a reply at my email address this time, as I had in the past. Did I miss a setting somewhere so that I would be notified of replies?

Did you set the default audio to the hdmi output? If the TV was detected and showing a display you just need to move programs to it, or set it up as duplicate instead of expanded in the video options to show the same thing on both screens. Sounds like you had it working but just...
I would like to display and hear, where appropriate, ALL of the content from my W 10 PC. ,not just Streaming video but ZOOM, You tube AND the Desktop as it appears, if possible. I don't have a Smart TV but it does have HDMI ports. I have Chrome on my computer and I see a "cast" option. Would a Chromecast device do that or just streaming content? Would Roku do it?
Thanks

Just connect your computer to the TV with an HDMI cable. Wireless casting is pretty buggy and slow.

braxx20

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2013
it it not that simple. I had tried that some time ago. I forget the exact details, but the "Windows" screen was displayed, no sound and nothing else. it also messed up my TV and it took a while to get it back to normal. I think you need to do something with the computer first to make sure this works

PS, I did not get a reply at my email address this time, as I had in the past. Did I miss a setting somewhere so that I would be notified of replies?

Did you set the default audio to the hdmi output? If the TV was detected and showing a display you just need to move programs to it, or set it up as duplicate instead of expanded in the video options to show the same thing on both screens. Sounds like you had it working but just never put any programs on the screen. Check your junk mail folder for the email notifications it may have been automatically moved there.

Solution

braxx20

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2013

Did you set the default audio to the hdmi output? If the TV was detected and showing a display you just need to move programs to it, or set it up as duplicate instead of expanded in the video options to show the same thing on both screens. Sounds like you had it working but just never put any programs on the screen. Check your junk mail folder for the email notifications it may have been automatically moved there.

Thanks , but no email replies from "Toms" to my braxx20 address since the middle of August, not in spam, trash or anywhere else, and, sorry, but need further explanation of the following

1:Default audio. Where is that, in TV, or PC and how do I access it?
2:The display I was referring to was the opening blue Windows screen showing on the TV, while the regular desktop display is showing on the PC. Where would the TV be detected on the
PC and how would I get them to cooperate with each other ?

Thanks , but no email replies from "Toms" to my braxx20 address since the middle of August, not in spam, trash or anywhere else, and, sorry, but need further explanation of the following

1:Default audio. Where is that, in TV, or PC and how do I access it?
2:The display I was referring to was the opening blue Windows screen showing on the TV, while the regular desktop display is showing on the PC. Where would the TV be detected on the
PC and how would I get them to cooperate with each other ?

Audio on PC, go through control panel or right click on the speaker icon.
If you can see the Windows screen on the TV that means it's detected, did you move the programs to the second screen? There are plenty of guides out there on how to use multiple displays. Unless you set it up the way you want to display the screens by default it goes to extended which shows you two separate screens.

braxx20

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2013
Your knowledge is SO FAR above me that I don't know what you mean by "moving programs" and "multiple displays". Is it that complicated? AND I am willing to use Chromecast or Roku if that will do the job - just need to know.

I am STILL not getting your replies forwarded to my email. I have used the "contact" at Toms' to report the problem

Your knowledge is SO FAR above me that I don't know what you mean by "moving programs" and "multiple displays". Is it that complicated? AND I am willing to use Chromecast or Roku if that will do the job - just need to know.

I am STILL not getting your replies forwarded to my email. I have used the "contact" at Toms' to report the problem

Moving programs is nothing more than dragging the window to the second screen, which is your TV. Look up some guides on how to use multiple monitors on a computer it will explain things.