"display driver has stopped responding and has recovered" amd windows 7

jaketehdog

Reputable
Mar 12, 2015
Since i have built my first PC earlier this year I've been having this problem with it. The screen blackout and then recover (as you probably already know). This usually happens when I'm using an internet browser but happens when i am playing games as well. When the display comes back the audio tends to buzz and be annoying. Also often times my computer freezes with an audio loop of what i was on.

specs

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor

Motherboard: ASRock FM2A88M-HD+ Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard

Memory: A-Data XPG V1.0 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Storage: Toshiba Product Series: DT01ACA 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 270X 2GB Dual-X Video Card

Power Supply: Fractal Design Integra R2 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

Solution
Nice Build there !

Install iOBit Driver Booster 2.2 and Install it.It will scan for Missing,Outdated,Damaged and curropted Drivers and will Update to the Last known stable version of it Automatically.Please try it and inform me the result.

bharathbigb

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2013
Nice Build there !

Install iOBit Driver Booster 2.2 and Install it.It will scan for Missing,Outdated,Damaged and curropted Drivers and will Update to the Last known stable version of it Automatically.Please try it and inform me the result.

Solution

jaketehdog

Reputable
Mar 12, 2015

Where should i get it from?

jaketehdog

Reputable
Mar 12, 2015

OK, I downloaded and updated what was on the list. As i typed this comment the same problem of driver stopped responding happened again. So no fix

bharathbigb

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2013
Did you restart the System after you updated the Drivers ? Open Windows Update and install latest updates on Windows.Also,Check inside your PC for Dust.Clean them up (Including the Fans,Heatsinks,Dust Filters,Sockets,Pin,Connectors,Connection and Wires).If Nothing works,Uninstall all the Display drivers and Re-install them (You can do that with Driver booster).If it still didn't work,Install an Older version.

jaketehdog

Reputable
Mar 12, 2015

i did restart and i will try what you say as soon as i can