Display driver keeps stopping and then restarting

SaintKr0

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
Every time I do something graphic heavy on my desktop the screen goes black then comes back on with a message in the corner aying the display driver had stopped working and needed to restart, most of the times if I am playing a game this will freeze the game too

SaintKr0

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009

My display drivers were found to be most current after checking in device manager and the problem persists after uninstalling ad reinstalling the display drivers

SaintKr0

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009

I thought settings had something to do with it so I tried that, first it was skyrim which does it from ultra to low settings. currently I cannot even maximize the screen for minecraft. As far as temp settings go, how do I control this?

mubin

Distinguished

Device manager driver checking is not always good. It miss maximum times. Check gpu vendor site and find latest driver yourself.

SaintKr0

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
Ok so I completely wiped the HD and reinstalled windows starting from scratch: problem still there
I downloaded the catalyst software from the manfacturers website and pdated using t: problem still there
I then shutdown, layed the pc onits side to redistribute the weight to pull the huge card further into the slot and reseated the card also checked to make sure the heatsink and fan were connected securey: problem gone

SaintKr0

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009

The card i was using before was 1/3 of the size and did not have this problem. The problem seems to be gone completely i played games for a few hours yesterday after rearranging the position of the tower and it never happened again. Im going to be on it more tonight testing it again. Ill let you know if it comes back...but hopefully not. Im dying for some uninterrupted game time.

SaintKr0

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009

after upgrading parts over the time between then and now, the problem instantly went away when I replaced the video card. My video card was just bad.