Question Display Driver like crashes

kspabs

Commendable
Jun 16, 2020
Code:
CPU:
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (Matisse, MTS-B0)
3600 MHz (36.00x100.0) @ 4067 MHz (40.75x99.8)

Motherboard:
ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)

BIOS:
3001, 12/04/2020

Chipset:
AMD X570 (Bixby)

Memory:
16384 MBytes @ 1597 MHz, 22-22-22-53

8192 MB PC16500 DDR4 SDRAM - G Skill F4-3200C16-8GVKB
    8192 MB PC16500 DDR4 SDRAM - G Skill F4-3200C16-8GVKB

GPU:
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti (MSI)

PSU:
Thermaltake Toughpower TPD-0750M

For the last few months I've been running into consistent crashes that typically result in programs like Steam/Chrome (and now Mozilla after switch)/Games/Discord either artifacting or turning the entire program black until I exit and reset. On occasion. my whole display goes black and will eventually figure itself out and go back to normal. Once my PC just crashed and did a full reboot.

I have my PC on usually all day, running Youtube or some other form of video, usually a game client like Runelite on in the background, and always have Steam on. Typically around 2-4PM (approx. 6-8 hrs of PC run time) I will run into this issue. It's also happened aggressively a few times while play games (Escape from Tarkov is the extreme example where it happened, I reset my PC, and it happened 2 more times until I quit for the night).

I've run a MEMTEST and didn't have any issues. I recently used Display Driver Uninstaller to wipe out my drivers and reinstalled. I'm really not sure what to do at this point besides a full Windows reinstall which I'm avoiding.

my thoughts would be to start off downloading the 4002 bios on a usb and update from bios. Then when running I would install asus armory crate the last one in the list normally and then run that bottom left hand corner there is a cog icon click that then update centre in the middle. This should update all drivers of the motherboard and with a bit of luck fix your problem.

kspabs

Commendable
Jun 16, 2020
my thoughts would be to start off downloading the 4002 bios on a usb and update from bios. Then when running I would install asus armory crate the last one in the list normally and then run that bottom left hand corner there is a cog icon click that then update centre in the middle. This should update all drivers of the motherboard and with a bit of luck fix your problem.

Updated to latest BIOS, reinstalled Armoury, and ran into the same issue again today. Got some popups error notifications about something related to Armoury Crate and NVIDIA Share being terminated. I checked Reliability Monitor and it shows a series of various things crashing, but not really sure how to interpret this.