Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernal Mode Driver, version 344.11 stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

csmith67

Reputable
Aug 30, 2014
Hey everyone.

Mobo: Z77 Extreme4
GPU: ASUS GTX 770
CPU: Intel i5 3570k- with Hyper 212 evo
Ram: Ripjaws GSKILL 8GB
PSU: CX750M
HDD Primary: Samsung EVO 120gb
HDD: Toshiba 2 TB

Right now I am running two monitors. My main one is to my GPU via HDMI and my secondary is to my mobo via VGA. I have a 32 inch Polaroid TV that I want to use as my third monitor. Since my TV doesn't have a DVI connection, I am using a HDMI to DVI cable that I know works. When I plug in the DVI port to either my mobo or GPU the screen goes black for, give or take, 15 seconds. Then it'll go back to normal then black again. Then I get a message stating, "Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernal Mode Driver, version 344.11 stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

What is going on? I've tried HDMI to HDMI and that doesn't work either. I've unplugged all my monitors and just tried the TV. I've tried everything! Help!

Solution
I had this issue with using OBS open broadcasting software for streaming. when i didn't stream i never got this error. it only happened when i streamed. i was using the encorder x264 settings. so i went into my bios and activated my iGPU the onboard graphics chip on my intel processor 4790K changed my OBS Setting to Quick sync and it has solved my issue at the moment

Craig Purcell

Reputable
Aug 5, 2014
I had this issue with using OBS open broadcasting software for streaming. when i didn't stream i never got this error. it only happened when i streamed. i was using the encorder x264 settings. so i went into my bios and activated my iGPU the onboard graphics chip on my intel processor 4790K changed my OBS Setting to Quick sync and it has solved my issue at the moment

Solution