[SOLVED] ''display driver nvlddkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered '' warning in event viewer

Sep 29, 2019
what does this mean?i was playing apex legends,i noticed ther game was stuttering and completely froze after a few minuets,the whole system didnt freeze,it was just the game,i checked event viewer and saw this warning

my system
rtx 2080ti(not oc;d)
x570 gaming edge mobo
ryzen 7 3700x
3200mhz 16gb ram
650w psu

Solution
Since your gpu temps seem ok, I would monitor your cpu temps as Apex uses a lot of cpu power. With the 2080ti pouring out heat in to the case it may be adding too much heat for your cpu/cpu cooler while the cpu is working hard during Apex gaming.
So this is thrown up when your gpu fps begin to slow down or freeze. You have to troubleshoot what is causing the slow down/freezing. What power setting are you using in windows power setting? Do you have power saving enabled in bios? Are your drivers up to date? Monitor your gpu and cpu temps while gaming.

Sep 29, 2019
So this is thrown up when your gpu fps begin to slow down or freeze. You have to troubleshoot what is causing the slow down/freezing. What power setting are you using in windows power setting? Do you have power saving enabled in bios? Are your drivers up to date? Monitor your gpu and cpu temps while gaming.
Pretty sure my windows power settings is set high performance,didn't mess with anything power related in the bios,so that shouldn't be the case

Drivers are up to date,GPU temps seem fine,75c underload,gonna monitor CPU temps

Sep 29, 2019
Also do you use steam? Make sure steam dosn't update while gaming. Also use task manager to monitor anything running in background while gaming that may be using resources up that you were not aware of.
I don't think steam was updating at that time,apex doesn't use steam either

I was monitoring FPS with afterburner,could after burner be the issue..?

Could it be a GPU hardware issue..?