Question Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

Asidious

Reputable
Jan 22, 2017
I have looked through some of the other threads relating to this issue but didn't find any useful solutions. Prior to basically replacing my entire system, I was getting a BSOD (I think) when the drivers crashed. I say I think because the screen is always black. I have seen the bluescreen once when updating drivers assuming it was the same thing. After replacing my motherboard I no longer get a BSOD and the drivers recover most of the time. I have replaced my GPU, PSU, and Motherboard. RAM was tested in different slots and one by one. I have also tried a fresh install of windows and I am now fully up to date. As of today I had one crash and now I cannot play any games or run any benchmark/stress test without instantly crashing. Even with the card underclocked. It cannot imagine it would be RAM or CPU related, but its basically all I haven't replaced. I will run Memtest if anyone thinks its a possibility that is an issue but otherwise I am not sure what else I can try.

Specs:
Motherboard: MSI X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core Processor
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2x16gb CMW32GX4M2C3200C16
GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER BLACK GAMING
PSU: Corsair CX750M

Things I have done:
  • Wiped drivers with DDU
  • Fresh install of windows
  • Checked all of my disks health
  • Replaced GPU, MB, and PSU.
  • Reseated RAM and GPU
  • Tried other PCIE slots
  • Always monitor temps
  • sfc /scannow
Notes:
When I RMA'd my GPU I was using a 1660ti from another computer I had around, I had used it for about 2 weeks and only crashed once or twice then.
My BIOS on this board isn't up to date. I tried to update the BIOS on my old ASUS board and it had bricked the board with a VGA error while updating. I was able to recover the BIOS fortunately.

ASK THE COMMUNITY