Display Driver Update Keeps Failing

Jackie_5

Reputable
Oct 8, 2015
Running Windows 8.1 w/bing. This is my PC and it's support page
http://support.toshiba.com/supportmodel/PSCMLU-03X01N

On that page I found that the newest display drivers for my system would be the 2nd listed one with the following information: Posted Date: 2015-09-23 | Version: 10.18.10.4242 | Size: 123.56M

I downloaded the file there and went to setup, however after installing the Audio drivers it goes on to install the Display drivers but fails every time, with the following message:

"the setup program failed to install one or more device drivers"

Then it just exits the installation. I have tried restarting the PC, disabling the current DIsplay drivers, re-downloading/extracting the files... Nothing changes this. What could possibly be the issue as I would think downloading a driver update from the manufacturers site itself for my specific model would be seamless?

Additionally, I tried updating through Device Manager but it only tells me that my Drivers are up to date, even though the current drivers I have installed are clearly outdated.

I've also tried following the Installation_Readme's steps to installing using the "Have Disk..." method, I get this error when installing:

"The software was tested for compliance with Windows Logo requirements on a different version of Windows, and may not be compatible with this version"

Just to be clear, again, this update is on the manufacturer's site and the Readme lists both my PC AND the Windows version I'm using as being compatible. Any idea what's going on?

Solution
Hi there,

See if you can go into 'Add / Remove Programs' and look for the intel driver, uninstall it and then restart the computer.

After that, go ahead and try and install the NEW intel drivers.

(I would recommend doing all of this in Safe Mode for a better success rate!)

Best Regards,

NerdyComputerGuy

Distinguished
Hi there,

See if you can go into 'Add / Remove Programs' and look for the intel driver, uninstall it and then restart the computer.

After that, go ahead and try and install the NEW intel drivers.

(I would recommend doing all of this in Safe Mode for a better success rate!)

Best Regards,

Solution