Question Display drivers not properly installing

May 8, 2022
Ok As of right now the Compurter Specs are Ryzen 5 3600, Aurus b450 pro wifi, Gigabyte radeon rx5700xt gaming, and 32g gskill ripjaw 3200, evga 500w br, with win10x64 on the m.2 WDblue 250g. Ok that being said here is the problem. I bought this computer used and the person selling it claimed it ran fine till windows update at some point then the multiple displays stopped working. When i got it first thing i noticed was in the device manager the display adapter had a nice yellow marker indicating something wrong not working properly ( you know the dredded triangle) Anyways, i checked the driver to the current graphics card driver for both amd and gigabyte, uninstalled and reinstalled both drivers from both amd and gibabyte and it appears it just does not want to take them and constantly wants the windows driver 30.000.......something, which is not the best driver cause you still cant get the other monitors to run nor open amd adrenaline or anything proper for the graphics card. Now I do have my other computer which is an asus mobo fx8350 platform with a gtx 1050ti in it. So i swapped out graphics card to figure this out and nope same thing with the gtx 1050 wont run the correct drivers. put the rx5700 into the asus comp and drivers installed and it ran beautifully.. so graphics card is definatly good. So at this point i asumed it was a motherboard issue and updated bios to the latest( originaly the mobo was an asus tufx570 wifi replaced with the aurus) that didnt solve the problem, fresh installs of windows countless times and at that point figured the mobo was bad and bought the aurus board to test this ( again the original board was the asus tuf x570) and its still doing the same problem. Ive even swapped the power supplys between both the computers and still the same problem, reseated the ram in every configuration i could just to see if its that. Still nothing. This problem is really driving me nuts right now and if anyone has any suggestions on what it could be please for the love of god help me out. At this point i really think its a bad cpu some how corrupting it all as that and the ram are about the last two components it could be. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

On a side not I did replace the gpu with a gt710 and a ati radeon hd 3450 which both gpus seem to be taking there drives just fine, as well as the powered gpus getting rather hot to the touch. also power lights are not running when power connectors are plugged into the gpu, dont know if thats from driver issues or not, but again they both work 100% in my older computer.

Last edited:
May 8, 2022
Ok As of right now the Compurter Specs are Ryzen 5 3600, Aurus b450 pro wifi, Gigabyte radeon rx5700xt gaming, and 32g gskill ripjaw 3200, evga 500w br, with win10x64 on the m.2 WDblue 250g. Ok that being said here is the problem. I bought this computer used and the person selling it claimed it ran fine till windows update at some point then the multiple displays stopped working. When i got it first thing i noticed was in the device manager the display adapter had a nice yellow marker indicating something wrong not working properly ( you know the dredded triangle) Anyways, i checked the driver to the current graphics card driver for both amd and gigabyte, uninstalled and reinstalled both drivers from both amd and gibabyte and it appears it just does not want to take them and constantly wants the windows driver 30.000.......something, which is not the best driver cause you still cant get the other monitors to run nor open amd adrenaline or anything proper for the graphics card. Now I do have my other computer which is an asus mobo fx8350 platform with a gtx 1050ti in it. So i swapped out graphics card to figure this out and nope same thing with the gtx 1050 wont run the correct drivers. put the rx5700 into the asus comp and drivers installed and it ran beautifully.. so graphics card is definatly good. So at this point i asumed it was a motherboard issue and updated bios to the latest( originaly the mobo was an asus tufx570 wifi replaced with the aurus) that didnt solve the problem, fresh installs of windows countless times and at that point figured the mobo was bad and bought the aurus board to test this ( again the original board was the asus tuf x570) and its still doing the same problem. Ive even swapped the power supplys between both the computers and still the same problem, reseated the ram in every configuration i could just to see if its that. Still nothing. This problem is really driving me nuts right now and if anyone has any suggestions on what it could be please for the love of god help me out. At this point i really think its a bad cpu some how corrupting it all as that and the ram are about the last two components it could be. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
you should only need to install drivers from one place, not AMD and Gigabyte.

I would run DDU in safe mode and only install the AMD drivers after you restart PC in normal mode - https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...n-install-of-your-video-card-drivers.2402269/
I only installed one at a time, again, as I stated neither worked. Also did ddu and again multiple fresh installs of windows

May 8, 2022
both with it connected and with out being connected, ive tried every which way. The graphix card all work just fine in my Fx 8350 computer, my two powerd graphics cards will not work in the ryzen platform, it just does not want to accept the drivers. Ive loaded them to usb and did installed them offline and online on both the aurus b45o board and the x570 board. In total, ive probably done about 30 fresh installs of windows, as well as about 10 to 15 time of the ddu trick in safe mode. and again nothing. Anytime you install the drivers it does the install just fine tells you to restart then as soon as you do its back to the basic vga driver and says either nvdia control panel could not detect driver or amd radeon cannot detect driver/control setting. Like i said im at my witts end with this. The only things that i have yet to change out are the ram and cpu at this point, as i dont have spares on hand.

Maxsupertweaker

Distinguished
May 29, 2014
both with it connected and with out being connected, ive tried every which way. The graphix card all work just fine in my Fx 8350 computer, my two powerd graphics cards will not work in the ryzen platform, it just does not want to accept the drivers. Ive loaded them to usb and did installed them offline and online on both the aurus b45o board and the x570 board. In total, ive probably done about 30 fresh installs of windows, as well as about 10 to 15 time of the ddu trick in safe mode. and again nothing. Anytime you install the drivers it does the install just fine tells you to restart then as soon as you do its back to the basic vga driver and says either nvdia control panel could not detect driver or amd radeon cannot detect driver/control setting. Like i said im at my witts end with this. The only things that i have yet to change out are the ram and cpu at this point, as i dont have spares on hand.

Have you updated your BIOS for your particular motherboard? BIOS reads all your components during Start-up. If you don't have the most recent BIOS then these types of problems can happen.

May 8, 2022
Also, Ubuntu and windows 7 will not install with either board as well. The only thing i have not swapped out to test yet is cpu and ram, but i have tried both ram sticks seperate and in seperate slots and configs, Im really starting to believe its the cpu, its almost like windows wants to tell it it has graphics when it doesnt, and before anyone ask no on board graphics is not on or enabled in anyway shape or form.

May 8, 2022
So an update to this post..........The CPU went. After a long struggle of trying to figure this thing out and unsuccesfully I finally was able to order a new cpu and try that. Seems thats the ticket. After a New ryzen 5 5600 and a fresh install of windows everythings working now on the first try. Holy balls did this stump me, never seen a cpu die in such a wierd way where it still ran but wouldnt allow you to install correct gpu drivers, something must of been trying to tell it, it had graphics when it didnt is my only guess, what ever part of the cpu that controles that. So just a little heads up if anyone runs into this problem, hope this helps out someone.