[SOLVED] Display error / computer crash

Geasg

Prominent
Jul 19, 2019
Hey, so a few months ago I encountered this weird bug in which sometimes when I would full screen a game, my entire computer would crash, my main monitor would say no signal and my second would stop responding and I wasnt able to interact with anything, I couldnt even turn my computer off I had to hold down the power button for a few seconds to get it to run off, I decided to rollback my NVIDIA drivers and it seems to have fixed the problem, however I am now having the same problem while having older drivers, my main monitor uses a display port while my second uses a HDMI port. The newer drivers seems to have just increased the frequency of the issues for an unknown reason.

I am looking for a way around the problem as I need to update my NVIDIA drivers without the risk of having the same problem occur.

Solution
We're going to need more information. Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
GPU:
PSU:

You could also look towards updating your BIOS if you have BIOS updates pending. I would also try and use DDU to uninstall your current drivers and reinstall your driver with the latest found off of Nvidia's support site. Manually install the drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Lutfij

Titan
We're going to need more information. Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
GPU:
PSU:

You could also look towards updating your BIOS if you have BIOS updates pending. I would also try and use DDU to uninstall your current drivers and reinstall your driver with the latest found off of Nvidia's support site. Manually install the drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Solution