Display flashing Pls help

Solution

it may have a longer warranty than 1 year any way in which case no problem

but if they give you the its older than 12 months bit then you will have to look up your sale of goods act there to see if it has the "reasonable time" clause in it

it certainly works here i have helped people get replacement tvs etc from big chain stores by just sticking to their guns and quoting it at them until the complaint got to a high level...

muffinguy66

Reputable
Nov 12, 2015

my display is 1080p at 60 refresh rate and the monitor is half a year old and l connected the monitor to a different computer and l saw a little bit of flickering

guess if you have had it that long you would have noticed it if it had done it before

so could be the inverter or if its led think those use something different to do it but cant quite remember what its called

depending what country you are in you might be able to get it replaced even if out of warranty

muffinguy66

Reputable
Nov 12, 2015

its a ips display and in australia

no idea of the law in oz unfortunately

here in the uk even if they tell you its over 1 year old you are out of luck they are wrong once you get your complaint to a certain level they actually know the

law unlike sales people and lower customer service people

here its called the sale of goods act--and says the item must last a reasonable time--theres no legal definition of reasonable time--but around 5 years for an item like a tv or monitor is usually accepted as reasonable

you would have to see if you have a similar law there

and ips is the panel type dont know if that means it must be led or not

muffinguy66

Reputable
Nov 12, 2015

alright

muffinguy66

Reputable
Nov 12, 2015

lm trying to send the monitor back for a replacement

it may have a longer warranty than 1 year any way in which case no problem

but if they give you the its older than 12 months bit then you will have to look up your sale of goods act there to see if it has the "reasonable time" clause in it

it certainly works here i have helped people get replacement tvs etc from big chain stores by just sticking to their guns and quoting it at them until the complaint got to a high level where they knew the law

Solution

TRENDING THREADS