Question Display flickering

sjenvey777

Honorable
Apr 20, 2018
Flickering might be the wrong word to use here, Anyway when I boot my PC up on of my secondary monitors does this in the video. After a while it will just go back to normal and not sure how to fix it even if I can, It's a pretty old monitor now.

What I've tried to troubleshoot, Used 2 different display port cables and 2 different power cables. I've switched from DP to HDMI but still got the same result. I've reset the monitor to it's default settings via the controls on the monitor.

Right now it's gone back to normal but that took a good half hour or so for it to do that.

Video here :
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDfsQ4aW-Wc

For reference but I don't think it matters all that much.

Monitor: Benq GW2765 running at 1440p 60hz

Lutfij

Titan
Does the monitor you're experiencing the issue on, exhibit the same behavior on a donor system? If not, then the issue is with your GPU's driver/OS. Check to see if you have updates pending for the OS.

Also, can you include the specs to your build?

sjenvey777

Honorable
Apr 20, 2018
I don't have the means to test it on another system right now,

For my system.

5900x CPU
64GB RAM
3070 GPU

Running Windows 11 with everything updated. Running 3 monitors in total, one at 240hz and the other 2 at 60hz.

Honestly I think it's just the monitor. I'll try and get this on another system later. The problem is very random though so maybe hard to recreate.

sjenvey777

Honorable
Apr 20, 2018
Randomly just found this out.

As I reset the monitor, The brightness settings went right down. As I turn it up the more it flickers, at around 35% it doesn't flicker at all. This is via the actual monitor settings.

Lemms

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2014
Flickering might be the wrong word to use here, Anyway when I boot my PC up on of my secondary monitors does this in the video. After a while it will just go back to normal and not sure how to fix it even if I can, It's a pretty old monitor now.

What I've tried to troubleshoot, Used 2 different display port cables and 2 different power cables. I've switched from DP to HDMI but still got the same result. I've reset the monitor to it's default settings via the controls on the monitor.

Right now it's gone back to normal but that took a good half hour or so for it to do that.

Video here :
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDfsQ4aW-Wc

For reference but I don't think it matters all that much.

Monitor: Benq GW2765 running at 1440p 60hz

I have exactly this when I have any second monitor plugged in, even my VR headset. I have only just started researching what the hell is going on. Did you resolve this issue?

If I come up with anything I will post it here.

System:
SPEC.jpg