Question Display flickers on/off in game after sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volcz

Prominent
Aug 8, 2020
Hey guys, I've attached a video of my PC that has been flickering the display on and off in games. It seems to do it after my PC has been in sleep. A computer restart fixes the issue. You can also see in the video when I get out of the game via task manager or windows button, it stops. It's only in-game.

Today I’ve had my PC on all day and not in sleep, and its just started doing it in a game. This is not launcher specific btw, happens across Steam, Game Pass and Epic.

Any advice? Brand new custom built PC -

Ryzen 5 3600,
2070 Super
MSI B450
32GB RAM
Corsair RM650

Thanks!

BTW: Only happening in fullscreen mode, and I dont re-call this happening when I had an AMD 5700XT before the Nvidia GPU, but I cant quite remember. I'm on latest drivers, updating hasnt fixed it.

View: https://imgur.com/a/TS4NsgF

Volcz

Prominent
Aug 8, 2020
Update: unplugging and re-plugging in my displayport ALSO fixes the issue, which is bizarre. Any help identifying the root cause? I'm assuming its down to the GPU, DisplayPort cable and the monitor now. The cable seems an unlikely culprit to me since its specifically when in-game after being in sleep mode.

Jan 23, 2021
I have this exact issue. I went from a Vega64 to a 3080 and my 3080 does the same thing. Only thing that fixes it is to log out, unplugging the DP cable, or restarting. I've used DDU to remove my AMD and NVIDIA drivers, than reinstalled the Nvidia drivers. I've replaced the DP cable with a more expensive VESA certified cable and that hasn't helped either.

My monitor is Freesync only, is yours? Maybe that's the issue. It's either the Monitor or the Nvidia card.

Status
Not open for further replies.