Display freezing up computer

alltomorrows

Prominent
Jan 17, 2018
I was using Adobe Premiere to work on a heavy 10 bit 4k video on Friday. No problems. Come Monday the video won't play in the sequence, with Adobe Premiere crashing. I try Premiere 2018 and 2019 and it's still crashing. My Nvidia display driver hasn't been updated for a while, so I try that. It then starts to freeze up when I open a GPU heavy program, like Adobe Lightroom, Premiere and Adobe Media Encoder. Sometimes it frees up after 5 minutes of waiting (screen goes black then resets) other times I have to hard restart the system. Also, some of the peripherals, mouse and keyboard, once disconnected.

I try updating Windows. It works...at first...then today when I pushed the GPU a little bit, like opened Premiere and Lightroom...it froze up. I left the room for 10 minutes thinking it needed a minute, came back and the computer was blowing louder than I ever heard it before and the screens had gone black.

Not sure what to check here. Is my gpu bricked?

The media from Premiere and Light room are running off of USB 3.0 hard drives, but I don't think that could be it.

Nvidia Titan GTX, Windows 10, Samsung Pro850 SSD, ASUS ASX99E31WSMB
X99-E WS/USB 3.1 Motherboard

alltomorrows

Prominent
Jan 17, 2018
I tried using a different card, Titan X, that works fine. But if I used the GTX Titan, the computer sometimes, but not always, freezes up-sometimes when in the first minute of windows 10 booting up.

TRENDING THREADS