[SOLVED] Display gets stuck on the Windows loading circles during boot ?

May 30, 2021
Been having issues lately where I can't use or get into safe mode to fix my built PC that has been running fine for like half a year now.
As soon as I start it up it would just start normally but as the dots start to load in a circular motion it just freezes and blacks out just to restart over and over again with no luck.

I can get into bios and it seems like I might've had a corrupted M.2 SSD that I messed up from transferring everything from my Crucial SSD to a Samsung M.2 SSD. I guess during the process I messed up somewhere now it has shown signs where there's the blue screen at times and a strange black box that I can stretch out on my desktop. At first, I was just surfing the web as everything froze completely to the point I had to restart it. Then It never went back to normal.

I don't know what the problem is, I even bought a new Motherboard and Ram sticks to see if it's a component failure but it's not, but was my M.2 SSD. But the weirdest thing is as I tried to install a new drive, doing a new fresh install of windows 10 OS onto a different SSD as my new boot drive, it still acted the same as if it's the M.2 ?

UPDATE

PC Specs-

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
MOBO: B450 tomahawk Max
Ram: T-Force Vulcan Z 16GB 3200 MHz
PSU: Thermaltake PS-TTP-0600NNFAGU-1 600W ATX12V 80 PLUS GOLD
GPU: Geforce RTX 3060ti
Drives: Samsung M.2 970 Evo 1TB & Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD

I swapped out MOBO for an MPG X570 Gaming Edge WIFI and Swapped the ram sticks to a new pair of Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200MHz

PSU: Thermaltake PS-TTP-0600NNFAGU-1 600W ATX12V 80 PLUS GOLD, I bought this off of Newegg through eBay as an open box, since this PSU is from an OEM prebuilt PC. I researched this PSU and found out it's actually a tier B PSU. Used since last June, so it been used for 12months so far.

Storage Drives:
Samsung M.2 970 Evo 1TB & Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD 7200rpm

And I have not tried a new CMOS battery or had cleared my CMOS yet. How do I reset everything? At this point, I just don't care since most of my downloads are on the cloud and my HDD. Plus I've also bought a new SSD, a Crucial MX500 1TB. In hopes that if everything works out I can maybe transfer some of my stuff but most likely not.

I've also decided to ditch the M.2 and go back to a regular 2.5 inch SSD

Last edited:
Solution
I would not expect the monitor to be problem. However that can tested by trying the monitor on another known working system.

Or trying another known working monitor on your system.

Determine if the problem follows the monitor or stays with the system. Some monitors have drivers so the drivers (if used) can reinstalled as well.

Go into BIOS and set POST to be as verbose as possible and display boot process. You may be able to discover where/why boot up is stopping.

Try a new CMOS battery. Reset the configuration to defaults. Could be a buggy or corrupted BIOS.

Remember to be methodical in what you do. Changing more than one thing at a time may just lead other problems or mask an issue that otherwise may have been...

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information:

Include both original and new/replaced components.

Also include PSU (make, model, wattage, age, condition.

Drives: make, model, capacity, how full?

Have you tried a new CMOS battery?

Double check the applicable motherboard's User Guide/Manual for supported SATA configurations.

Overall, you probably should simply start over:

https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/windows-10-clean-install-tutorial.3170366/

Reactions: Zenpanda007
May 30, 2021

Double check the applicable motherboard's User Guide/Manual for supported SATA configurations.

All updated

May 30, 2021

I've updated the list, also bought and changed my PSU where I upgraded to a Corsair RM750x 80+ gold, so yea from 600W to now a 750W PSU. I've given it more juice and the same issue still consists.

Just recently took out my CPU to check if there's any sign of pin damage or thermal paste near the pins. Looks clean, now I'm planning on just trying to put in a newer and different CPU to see if it can solve the issue.

Also bought a new 1TB Crucial MX500 as my new boot drive, as I've been trying to do a new clean install of windows 10 but the boot problem still consists to the point I can t even freshly install a new OS onto a newer storage drive.

I'm just wondering could it just be a bio issue, where it's acting up because it's not updated? Throughout this week, I've been buying newer parts and I got a feeling that It might not be a component issue but something internally.

Or can it possibly be my AOC ultrawide 1440p monitor that is causing the load-up issue 🤔?

Ralston18

Titan
I would not expect the monitor to be problem. However that can tested by trying the monitor on another known working system.

Determine if the problem follows the monitor or stays with the system. Some monitors have drivers so the drivers (if used) can reinstalled as well.

Go into BIOS and set POST to be as verbose as possible and display boot process. You may be able to discover where/why boot up is stopping.

Try a new CMOS battery. Reset the configuration to defaults. Could be a buggy or corrupted BIOS.

Remember to be methodical in what you do. Changing more than one thing at a time may just lead other problems or mask an issue that otherwise may have been discovered.

May 30, 2021

Remember to be methodical in what you do. Changing more than one thing at a time may just lead other problems or mask an issue that otherwise may have been discovered.

Well, I finally figured the issue, turns out it was my CPU that became faulty for no reason, the exterior and the pins look right as they should and I always made sure to add a pea-size amount of thermal paste every time. So yea no scorched marks from overheating or damage to the exterior but it possibly could be a defective processor, which I hope I can get a warranty for.

I even bought new CMOS batteries that I haven't tried yet but the newer processor totally fixes things up.

Thank you for all the help, was able to learn more about troubleshooting my Pc/components.

Solution