Question Display glitching after installing RTX 2080

Feb 22, 2019
So I recently purchased an RTX 2080 and installed it into my current computer. At first everything was going fine but now I am noticing when loading up games I sometimes get a serious graphics glitch. Once this glitch starts any attempt to close the window or to restart my computer the entire thing freezes and requires me to turn the whole tower off then on again to reboot. It is a bit hard to describe what is happening but I took a video on my phone to show you.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37K4Zz_TfvM&list=UUGMV1dLXjXfhdkJ6f6goYuw&index=1

Sometimes It takes 2 or 3 restarts before this stops but eventually it comes back. Not sure what is going on. I've tried re-seating the graphics card and ensuring that the power cables are appropriately attached. Hoping someone on here has run into this same issue. I know that some of the RTX cards that were released have been defective but am unsure if this is a sign of a defective card. It is happening often enough that it has become and issues I can not just ignore.

Below are the specs of my whole rig:
Intel Core i7-8700k
RTX 2080
16gb RAM
HX1000 Power Supply
Corsair Liquid CPU Cooler
3 fans (2 intake 1 exaust) plus one for the liquid cooler
Asus Tuf z370 motherboard

Probably important to note that Nvidia Geforce is auto adjusting the resolution to 3456x1944 resolution but I adjust to the standard 1080 and also that this is happening in WoW but I have not tried to reproduce it in another game yet.

Last edited:

maziech

Respectable
Feb 18, 2019
1) Try to clean up and reinstall the drivers first. Try another version of drivers.
If You want and have time, You may try to reinstall entire windows (damn, this sounds weird and probably gives nothing...)

2) If it doesn't help, then I'd try out this RTX2080 in another rig for a double check or mb check in some PC service eventually.

3) Next step is GPU warranty. (Probably it's damaged)