Question Display goes black & GPU fan-speed goes to max ?

Apr 1, 2021
Hello, hope everybody is having a great day.

A few weeks ago I ran into a problem with my PC, but sadly I do not know what exactly is causing it.

Back in the beginning of April I built a new PC. Everything worked fine for about 2 weeks, and then randomly the screen would go black and the GPU fan speed would go to the Max setting. I tried everything in this guide, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...pin-fast/539de704-3932-4c74-afa2-097a0e8a7ce0 , but nothing worked. Tested the GPU in my old build, worked perfectly fine. Eventually took it to Micro Center, took them about 2 weeks to start working on it, everything seemed fine to the worker, he ran furmark for about 6 hours and no crash, along with some other CPU stress tests, nothing happened. Eventually he tested the games that caused the crashing. Ran them both for about 4 hours and worked fine. The only thing he said was that the GPU was a bit slanted in the motherboard.

Eventually I went and picked it up after he was done with his diagnostic. Got it back and worked fine for about a week, but now it is no longer working again. Sometimes it randomly crashes on startup, sometimes even when opening chrome, but always whenever I open games, specifically valorant and CSGO which aren't even games that require a ton of backing from the GPU. I am still able to hear everything going on in the background of my pc, just no display and GPU fan sounding like a jet engine taking off. I will list the specs down below if it helps. Another detail, my gpu which is a 1070 TI, I have had for about 2 years now, I saw a thread saying to reapply the thermal paste with new paste, I will test that out whenever the paste arrives.

SPECS:

CPU: I7-10700K
Motherboard: ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING
GPU: Nvidia 1070 Ti
RAM: 32 GB G.SKILL Trident Z RGB
PSU: Corsair HX 850 Watt
Storage: Samsung 2.TB 970 EVO SSD
CPU Cooler: Aorus Liquid Cooler 360

Lutfij

Titan
If the system works fine where you'd given it for diagnosing a problem but the issue you once faced reared it's head when you brought it back and been in use after some time, indicates that the issue is on your end. More specifically, the issue can and should be your power source. Can you check to see if the issue crops up when you use another wall outlet in your house? I'm suspecting you might have a grounding issue or your power is compromised in your house.

How old is the HX PSU in your build? What version of Windows 10 are you on? BIOS version for your motherboard?

Apr 1, 2021
If the system works fine where you'd given it for diagnosing a problem but the issue you once faced reared it's head when you brought it back and been in use after some time, indicates that the issue is on your end. More specifically, the issue can and should be your power source. Can you check to see if the issue crops up when you use another wall outlet in your house? I'm suspecting you might have a grounding issue or your power is compromised in your house.

How old is the HX PSU in your build? What version of Windows 10 are you on? BIOS version for your motherboard?
The PSU is brand new. Newest Version of Windows 10 (Forget the exact version number but I will find it once I am home. I do not know the specific BIOS version, but I will also check later. I will also test it in a new socket later.

Apr 1, 2021

Another quick update, Just got home. I use a powerstrip for my pc since the wall outlet is not protected. I tested it in a different powerstrip outlet, an entirely different powerstrip, and the wall outlet itself. The crash still happened on all 3 of them