Question Display goes black, shows "no signal" then quicky comes back, then black again, and so on.

zehcoutinho

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
The display works fine most of the time, the situation described in the title only happens when in-game, and only sometimes. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

The display is AOC Agon AG271QG in 2560x1440 144Hz
The graphics card is Asus TUF RTX 3080Ti

zehcoutinho

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
Could you give a list of all your PC components?

Could be as simple as a loose connection or something deeper like a power supply issue.
Gigabyte Z690 AORUS PRO
i7-2700K
Asus TUF RTX 3080Ti
32GB DDR5 6000Mhz G.Skill Trident Z5
SSD WD Black SN850 1TB
Super Flower LEADEX III 850W
Gigabyte AORUS Waterforce X 360
NZXT H7 Flow Mid Tower

CompuGuy71

Proper
Jul 20, 2022
Well at least you have a reputable power supply! How old is it? Were you having any other issues with your PC before the driver update?

Have you tried removing and reinserting your GPU? What about all the power connectors both at the Power Supply and the GPU?

zehcoutinho

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
Well at least you have a reputable power supply! How old is it? Were you having any other issues with your PC before the driver update?

Have you tried removing and reinserting your GPU? What about all the power connectors both at the Power Supply and the GPU?
The PSU is brand new. I checked all the connections. I am puzzled because the issue doesn't have regularity. Sometimes when I start a game it happens, but many times it doesn't. And if I can start the game OK it doesn't happen mid session, it's only when I start a game. So I suspect it is more likely to be a software problem, that happens when I start a game, but I have no clue what it could be.