Question Display goes off and fans start to spin like crazy

Jul 21, 2021
xQx86l.jpg

Hello,today i encountered this problem on my pc that i build last year,it started 2 days ago my pc was acting all weird and games started to stutter a lot,after reboot it started working fine again,i caught a glimpse of memory usage that was really high but i only have 8gb and i run a lot of backround apps and i mean a lot,anyhow i did memory check via Windows tool and everything came out fine.

So today for like 10h of me playing games nonstop pc was fine,than suddenly in middle of game my screen turns black no sound or anything,and my fans start to spin crazy fast,i think it was the gpu ones,i tryed to reboot pc or shut it down didn't work so i had to unplug it from wall,on my next boot again no display,but fans are normal,than on 5th or 6th try i get this Blue Screen message,and after 5sec pc shuts down,after that when i booted everything was fine,even now i'm writing this on my pc and everything seems fine so far,but i'm afraid of this happening again.

So far i tried virus scans,nothing,i did mem test it was fine,i tried testing my GPU(Rx 580 8gb) and in like 5min of test temp was 77c witch i read is kinda fine for this card,but i will make sure to replace thermal pace tomorrow.My mobo is MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX and my BIOS date is(11/7/2019) witch is quite old but could that have something to do with it?Id appreciate any suggestions to try and find what caused this,thanks in advance!

May 18, 2021
It could be a GPU driver issue, consider reinstalling your drivers trough DDU (display driver uninstaller), it's an easy to use application. Or update it if they aren't.

Search for the event viewer in the windows home, go to system and check for errors or critical events there, copy them here, you can also download a tool called BlueScreenViewer since you are getting one of those, or see if you can take note of the code appearing in the next one you get, they can give important information.

Try doing a scannow for repairing windows files, you can do it running "cmd" as administrator (win + r and search cmd.exe and writing /sfc scannow

Jul 21, 2021
It could be a GPU driver issue, consider reinstalling your drivers trough DDU (display driver uninstaller), it's an easy to use application. Or update it if they aren't.

Search for the event viewer in the windows home, go to system and check for errors or critical events there, copy them here, you can also download a tool called BlueScreenViewer since you are getting one of those, or see if you can take note of the code appearing in the next one you get, they can give important information.

Try doing a scannow for repairing windows files, you can do it running "cmd" as administrator (win + r and search cmd.exe and writing /sfc scannow
So i just cleaned my pc fully,replaced thermal paste on my GPU,and after about 30min of playing a game it crashed again with BSOD,code was 0x00000109 caused by driver(ntoskrnl.exe).I also moved my single ram stick from dual channel slot to regular one,but on bootup my pc keeps telling me to put it in dual channal even tho i have only one ram stick?I also reinstalled my gpu drivers and installed them back,i'm at loss here what to try next?

Jul 21, 2021
==================================================
Dump File : 072221-11125-01.dmp
Crash Time : 7/22/2021 18:54:06
Bug Check String :
Bug Check Code : 0x00000109
Parameter 1 : a3a01b594d53d951 Parameter 2 : 0000000000000000
Parameter 3 : 3bbe8807bde5b34d Parameter 4 : 0000000000000101
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+3f6f20
File Description : NT Kernel & System
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 10.0.19041.1110 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+3f6f20
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\072221-11125-01.dmp
Processors Count : 12
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 19041
Dump File Size : 1,030,492
Dump File Time : 7/22/2021 18:54:51
==================================================

This is the full log of what i got from BlueScreenView

Jul 21, 2021
Try doing a scannow
Did it as well,the issue seems to have gone as of now,but i dont think its resolved,today when i booted up my pc it stuttered qite a bit and upon opening chrome i get msg from Radeon software that driver malfunctioned,after that no issues for around 7h of straight gaming time,do you think smth like power surge could of coused my gpu to act crazy short term?Because there were some network repairs around my town but didnt affect power in my house that i noticed of,ah thanks for replying btw?.