Hi, My setup is as follows

B450 carbon gaming wifi mobo
Ryzen 7 3700x
NZXT kraken n62 cooling
1 tb nvme drive
Msi strix rog 5700xt gpu
Neopro 650 blu power supply

GPU lights up no fan and no display!!
RAM lights up all case fans are working, AIO cooling fans are working.

Solution
It is plugged in to the Graphics card . And it is 3000 compatible. It was the B450 Carbon Gaming Wifi Max. Can’t figure out the issue

Go over all the connections again, make sure you have the 24 pin ATX, 8 pin CPU and what ever GPU power cables it requires plugged in.

After that make sure you have your CPU fan plugged into the CPU_FAN header and not a Chasis CHA_FAN header.

Make sure your RAM is fully seated in the DIMM slots. If you have 1 stick of RAM is should be in the A2 slot, if you have two sticks A2 and B2

I cant find any information about your PSU so I cant tell you if it might be an issue with that. If the PSU is older then its entirely possible its bad. Or if the unit is on the lower end it might not be able to...
Jul 2, 2020
Do you have the monitor plugged into the graphics card or the motherboard? It needs to be plugged into the graphics card

Did the seller say if the motherboard is Ryzen 3000 ready? Was this the B450 Carbon Gaming Wifi MAX version? (MAX means 3000 ready)
It is plugged in to the Graphics card . And it is 3000 compatible. It was the B450 Carbon Gaming Wifi Max. Can’t figure out the issue

Go over all the connections again, make sure you have the 24 pin ATX, 8 pin CPU and what ever GPU power cables it requires plugged in.

After that make sure you have your CPU fan plugged into the CPU_FAN header and not a Chasis CHA_FAN header.

Make sure your RAM is fully seated in the DIMM slots. If you have 1 stick of RAM is should be in the A2 slot, if you have two sticks A2 and B2

I cant find any information about your PSU so I cant tell you if it might be an issue with that. If the PSU is older then its entirely possible its bad. Or if the unit is on the lower end it might not be able to supply enough power to the 5700XT and 3700X

Solution
Jul 2, 2020

I cant find any information about your PSU so I cant tell you if it might be an issue with that. If the PSU is older then its entirely possible its bad. Or if the unit is on the lower end it might not be able to supply enough power to the 5700XT and 3700X

I see that my GPU has 2 8 pin connector. My PSU has only 1! Could that be the reason????