Question Display is displaying data in the wrong locations?

Stytion

Reputable
Jun 19, 2019
First off apologies for the likely terrible description of what's going on with it, I really just don't know how to describe it.
So I have been having an issue with my monitor for a while now but only recently it has been getting worse so I'm finally deciding to see if I can fix it somehow, below is a video of what it looks like. This has been going on over 2 GPU's which leads me to believe it is either the monitor dying or possibly some cable.
(Sorry for bad quality and blur(and it being recorded on a phone))

View: https://vimeo.com/789809406

You cant see it in the video but every few seconds the display will be wiped back to how it should be at which point it starts doing it again, this eventually stops and works fine after about 5 mins. Also this only happens on my main monitor as seen in the video.

Specs:
TUF Gaming x570 PLUS (WI-FI)
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz
Nvidia RTX 3070TI

The monitor which is having this issue is an AOC 114hz 1080p (I don't know the exact model)

Thanks in advance

Edit 1: Added some context

Ralston18

Titan
PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used)? History of heavy use for gaming or video editing?

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

Take a look in Reliability History. There may be some matching pattern of error codes, warnings, and informational events that correspond with your problem description. Errors, etc. that stop or change after 5 minutes or so.

Another thought is that the problem could be heat related. Something loose, warms up, expands, and then makes better contact. Takes "about 5 mins".

Do some initial testing with other known working (no problem) computers, monitors and cables.

Try other monitors on your computer.

Try the the suspect monitor on other computers.

Likewise for cables but be careful only change one thing at a time. Be methodical.

Determine the the problem stays with the computer or follows the monitor.

= = = =

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, jumpers, and case connections are fully and firmly in place.

They can and do work loose over time due to expansion, contraction, and vibrations. Reseat everything as a matter of elimination.

Inspect for signs of damage as well. Cracked connectors, pinched/kinked wires. Anything at all.

Stytion

Reputable
Jun 19, 2019
PSU is a seasonic 1000w new about a month, 1 Samsung nvme 1 HDD both about 1/3rd full, its not heat related, don't have another computer to test the monitor, I have a second monitor which does not have this issue. PC is clean everything is secured properly and undamaged.

Ralston18

Titan
It appears then that you have narrowed the problem down to being the AOC monitor.

And considering that the monitor "works fine after about 5 minutes" that suggests a loose connection, component, or solder crack that warms up, expands, and tightens.

A tighter connection is made and no more wiping until the monitor cools off and the problem repeats.

Any remaining warranty on the monitor?