Question Display is functional. Graphics card fans wont spin no matter what I do. Occasional black screen crashes while gaming. Any suggestions?

Aug 25, 2020
So I have a RX580 that: has non-functional fans, display works fine, occasional black screens while gaming. Any help or suggestions? I have uninstalled and reinstalled graphics drivers using DDU. I have switched PCIE socket. I have checked the graphics card and mobo for any damage or dust. My PSU is fine and everything else is in functioning order. I have no idea what to do.

Aug 25, 2020
The fans should spin on start up if all cable connections are OK at least momentarily.
You can force them to spin using MSI Afterburner and if then they don't then RMA if still under Warranty.
Yeah I have tried Afterburner and Radeon software. It doesn't even spin momentarily at startup. I'm thinking of RMA. Thanks for the suggestion.

DSzymborski

Titan
How did you verify the PSU is fine? Did you try it with a PC with equal or greater power requirements? Did you test it on a proper load tester?

And let's get the complete specs. If you're asking someone to help you fix your PC remotely, it's important to provide every bit of information someone fixing your PC in-person would be able to see with their own eyes. You're our eyes in this situation and it's hard to troubleshoot technology blindly.

Sep 1, 2020
So I have a RX580 that: has non-functional fans, display works fine, occasional black screens while gaming. Any help or suggestions? I have uninstalled and reinstalled graphics drivers using DDU. I have switched PCIE socket. I have checked the graphics card and mobo for any damage or dust. My PSU is fine and everything else is in functioning order. I have no idea what to do.

I am running the same card, and the card almost never turns the fans on.... It's a very efficient card. however the blackscreen has me curious, have you checked the display cord? (swap for another). also check connections to and from monitor.