[SOLVED] Display is Jittery

Jan 3, 2019
System:
CPU: Intel i7-7700k 4.2GHz
RAM: 32GB Dominator Platinum DDR4
MOBO: Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha
GPU: EVGA GTX 1080ti
PSU: EVGA 80+ Gold 750

I first noticed this issue while watching Netflix. There would be little hangups in the stream. I thought it was my internet acting up. Then I started noticing it in games as well. The jitter is fairly minor but it is just enough to be pretty annoying. I started experimenting to see what it might be. I have two monitors and it seems to happen on both monitors, so I ruled out a monitor problem. All drivers are fully up to date as of this posting, and malware detection is negative. I can see it slightly even when all applications are closed and I smoothly move the mouse across the screen.

I am not very experienced, so if anyone has any suggestions it would be much appreciated!

Thank you much!

Solution
Yes - clean your system.

While doing so, check that all card seatings, connections and cables are fully and firmly in place. Idea being to eliminate some physical/hardware issue.

Then use Task Manager or Resource Monitor to observe your system and look for bottlenecks.

Open one or the other and observe your system's workings for a few minutes.

Leave the window open and slide to one side. Then "smoothly move the mouse across the screen". Look for some change in the parameters being monitored.

See what you can find. Make take you some trial and error to work up the learning curve. Just take your time and be methodical. See what you can find.

Ralston18

Titan
Yes - clean your system.

While doing so, check that all card seatings, connections and cables are fully and firmly in place. Idea being to eliminate some physical/hardware issue.

Then use Task Manager or Resource Monitor to observe your system and look for bottlenecks.

Open one or the other and observe your system's workings for a few minutes.

Leave the window open and slide to one side. Then "smoothly move the mouse across the screen". Look for some change in the parameters being monitored.

See what you can find. Make take you some trial and error to work up the learning curve. Just take your time and be methodical. See what you can find.

Solution