Display issue involving refresh rate (Benq XL2411P)

Oct 2, 2018
So i've had this benq monitor for 2 months and i honestly don't believe it or the display port it came with to be the problem. I'm going to run through all the events so that hopefully my problem can be identified.

PC specs:
I5 4460
evga 600w psu
gtx 1050 ti sc 4gb
benq xl2411P

2 days ago I had streamed with 4000 bitrate for the first time, prior to that, the max I used was 2950. I had also streamed for the longest time of around 4 hours with the 4000 bitrate where before the longest was about an hour. After i finished that 4 hour stream i joined a friend on overwatch but my pc turned off as soon as the match loaded. I turned it back on and realized my refresh rate was now at 60hz, when i went to the nividia control panel and customized it back to 144hz my display looked as if it was going to tear. I followed some advice from another thread and reinstalled my gpu's driver and it worked for the next 2 days untilabout a half hour ago now where my pc turned off again and when i turned it back on it was once again locked at 60hz. But after moving the numbers down the max refresh rate I can set is 141hz which may not seem like a big deal afterall but I don't understand why it is happening. The display tear never happened until recently which is why I'm so confused as to why its suddenly happening.

Oct 2, 2018
Update: the one time i reinstalled my gpu driver i did a clean installation, right now i did a clean installation and it allowed me to use 144hz but that still is very weird to me, anyone have any idea why its like that? only difference in the control panel for nvidia that i've made are 3d settings for certain games that are meant to allow fortnite to run better and i've had it like that for the amount of time i've had this monitor and only the past few days i've been running into thisissue.