Question Display issue on MSI Alpha 15 laptop ?

Bart2525

Prominent
Oct 4, 2021
Hi

I have a weird problem with my MSI Alpha 15 laptop . In any browser and also in discord it occurs that pictures are very weird shown like the following:
https://www.linkpicture.com/q/picture-2_1.png

I have seen it in discord app and in browsers on 2dehands.be and it occurs on random pictures.
I have no problem in games.
The laptop runs Windows 11 and has an AMD RX 6600m graphics card.

I ran Ccleaner and also went back to older graphics driver.

Is it just Windows or is it my graphics hardware that causes this?

EDIT: I booted live usb with linux mint and its the same problem :(
I dont get it why it only occurs with epic games launcher pictures, 2dehands.be (secondhand website) and discord ?

Last edited:

vishvajit

BANNED
Jan 21, 2023
Here are a few steps you could try to resolve the issue
  1. Update your graphics card driver: Make sure you have the latest available driver installed for your AMD RX 6600m graphics card.
  2. Reinstall the affected applications: Uninstall and then reinstall Discord and the web browsers you use to see if that resolves the issue.
  3. Disable hardware acceleration in the affected applications: Some applications have a setting to disable hardware acceleration, which can cause visual problems like the ones you're encountering. Check the settings of Discord and the web browsers to see if there's an option to turn off hardware acceleration.
  4. Check for malware: Run a full system scan to make sure your system is free from malware, as some types of malware can cause display issues.
If this wont solve it might be worth contacting the manufacturer of your laptop for further assistance.

Bart2525

Prominent
Oct 4, 2021
Here are a few steps you could try to resolve the issue
  1. Update your graphics card driver: Make sure you have the latest available driver installed for your AMD RX 6600m graphics card.
  2. Reinstall the affected applications: Uninstall and then reinstall Discord and the web browsers you use to see if that resolves the issue.
  3. Disable hardware acceleration in the affected applications: Some applications have a setting to disable hardware acceleration, which can cause visual problems like the ones you're encountering. Check the settings of Discord and the web browsers to see if there's an option to turn off hardware acceleration.
  4. Check for malware: Run a full system scan to make sure your system is free from malware, as some types of malware can cause display issues.
If this wont solve it might be worth contacting the manufacturer of your laptop for further assistance.

I did all the above steps but nothing resolves the problem. However I noticed that the weird pictures didn't happen on microsoft edge browser. So I dont get why...?