[SOLVED] Display issue with dual monitors ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 23, 2021
Hi, I have two monitors. one is a Samsung 49” super wide and the other is a fairly generic 32” .

My problem is the 32” screen is letterboxed but only when I duplicate (not extend). it’s almost like it’s copying the superwide display, I’ve tried all the usual fixes (windows screen settings & nvidia settings)but nothing seems to work. The super wide is connected via Displayport and the 32” via HDMI.

I’m tempted to buy another long Displayport cable as the monitors are on separate desks but don’t know if that’ll make any difference and long cables can be expensive.

Any help much appreciated thanks 🙏🏼

Solution
"Duplicate" is working exactly as it is supposed to, it duplicates the primary display on the secondary. If the secondary display is not of the same aspect ratio then you will get black bars on either the top/bottom or left/right. If you want the desktop to fit perfectly then you must use "Extend". There is no way around this.

And, I'll also add a warning about the profanity, it's not allowed here, do not continue the practice.

4745454b

Titan
Easy now. No insult intended. Duplicate copies everything. If the primary is an ultra wide monitor, it will carry that over. I don't know of any way to keep aspect ratios with duplicate.

What are you trying to do? What's wrong with using extend? Without swearing if possible.

"Duplicate" is working exactly as it is supposed to, it duplicates the primary display on the secondary. If the secondary display is not of the same aspect ratio then you will get black bars on either the top/bottom or left/right. If you want the desktop to fit perfectly then you must use "Extend". There is no way around this.

And, I'll also add a warning about the profanity, it's not allowed here, do not continue the practice.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.