Display issue with monitor. Help!

Shayansp

Reputable
Feb 15, 2015
Hello guys.

So I bought this 22" Dell monitor about 10 months ago.
Now it works fine and I don't really have the budget to buy a new monitor all together so rule that out.

So this morning I woke up and found that one of my 3 cats had for whatever reason done it's piss on my monitor. I wiped it with a wet tissue and completely dried it.
However as I was using it I realised there were two black blobs at the bottom of the screen that were slowly rising. I unplugged the monitor thinking it can be cat pee that has got in and it is covering the pixels. I left the monitor in a warm and dry area for about 5 hours now. But when I just plugged the power cable in to see if it's gotten better I found the black Blobs have stopped rising but there are multicoloured lines across the screen in the area those black spots are.

Now I want to know if there is any way of fixing this without taking the monitor it or apart or sending it to the shop as I want to do this as a last resort.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

P. S. :Also is there a possibility it's just dead pixels, also when initially wiping the screen I may have pressed somewhat hard to get all the stuff off.

Belphegore

Respectable
Mar 27, 2016
Well that's a situation! Sorry to hear about what happened. Anyway, there's not much that you can do without taking the monitor apart or into a shop to get it fixed at this point.

Given that there were "black blobs" rising, I'd say that the pee got into the bottom crevice of the monitor and got onto the LCD screen.

Dead pixels are much different than lines, for instance I had a TV that when I was moving, I picked it up and accidentally pressed my palm into the top corner too hard and the color in that location was slightly off, but it didn't have lines or multicolored areas.

Dead pixels are just a square or more of black or green or blue, sometimes that can appear in clusters but usually show up scattered.

Belphegore

Respectable
Mar 27, 2016
If it hasn't dried in 5 hours I doubt that it'll get any better. If the blobs are in a stagnant state right now, they'll likely remain.

There's no danger in using it, if the liquid was going to short out the monitor it would've done so by now.

Shayansp

Reputable
Feb 15, 2015
Well actually I have a spot of good news.
The blobs seem to be receding after I put the monitor in direct sunlight. They have gotten noticeably smaller and the coloured line have reduced. In fact pressing on the screen where the line is seems to make it dissappear.

So just gonna leave it for about the next 2 hours and then it's dark so I'm gonna leave it and hope for the best!

That ks for the replies BTW I appreciate it alot

Shayansp

Reputable
Feb 15, 2015
Well it seems that it receded but stopped just short of the bottom edge of the screen. The lines are also still there. But it might be because there wasn't enough sunlight last evening to get rid of it all. Anyway I shall wait a bit and see. Thx

Latest posts