Question Display issues since Windows 10

Feb 13, 2020
Hello,
At various resolutions i get weird display issues when trying to play videos and games. At 720p they're bearable but still, textures aren't displayed properly and at 1080p i get lines where the screen unevenly divides the video and at the bottom it's especially noticable as the screen sort of gets distorted downwards. One particular game i can't play at all because it relies on reading patterns very quickly, so my accuracy in that drops too much.
I tried updating drivers, configuring all kinds of settings in Windows 10 including calibration and even switched to HDMI. I mean, i'ts been like 5 days since i upgraded to 10 but all i've been doing until now is fixing, disabling/removing and configuring stuff. I finally got it to a point where i can be OK with keeping windows 10. If it wasn't for this one issue that persisted eversince.
I already decided to go back to windows 7 actually, but since i cant do that for some reason (W7 SSD not booting, cloning windows 10 from HDD to SSD, downgrading to W7 on HDD, still not working) i seem to have no choice. I might have to buy a new monitor but what if it doesnt work on the new one either?
My monitor is an Acer S242HL. I even tried installing the windows 7 driver for it but it's unsigned(?) so i tried installing it via testmode but i still couldnt install and somehow i cant access advanced boot options to disable "driver sign inforcement (?)".
The only other option i can think of would be to reset the BIOS but i dont want to risk yet again, having NOTHING left to work with.

I don't normally ask for help, but if there is anything i can do i would appreciate it very much.

Feb 13, 2020
latest bios and chipset driver from AsRock?
Im not sure. Will try updating.
edit: hmm i just looked into it and asrock does not recommend updating and all the settings will reset aswell. What are the chances that smth breaks?

i think im on to smth though. Looking at pictures in any resolution does NOT cause any issues. Then i tried using firefox to watch at 1080p, no problem. I still get slight texture issues though.
Its just this game and chrome that get these lines. I can tell that the texture issues arent just because im looking more carefully. In-game text doesnt look right either.
At least i can confirm that my graphics card and my monitor seem to be fine.
I've disabled hardware acceleration before so that's also not an option.
It's also not about performance as i can run both chrome and firefox while firefox will still play without issues.

Last edited: