Apr 10, 2022
Hi everyone,

I tried playing this old game from 2002 called Soldiers of Anarchy but I'm having some issues with the display. Strange flickering colors and patterns as can be seen in the video I took (link down below).

View: https://imgur.com/a/feoXH96

I already switched the compabtibility mode to Windows XP (Service Pack 2) as the game would not run otherwise. Also tried on a different computer and instead of this display issue I had some major fps drop when looking at moving objects/action.
In this case the colors and patterns flickering only appear when looking at moving objects/action as well.

Here are my current computer & display specs:

Device Name: DESKTOP-***
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2500U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.00 GHz
Installed RAM: 8,00 GB (7,65 GB usable)
Device ID: ***
Product ID: ***
System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch: Touch support with 10 touch points

Edition: Windows 10 Family
Version: 21H1
Installation Date: ‎2020-‎09-‎04
OS Build: 19043.1415
Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0

Desktop Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Active signal resolution: 1920x 1080
Refresh Rate (Hz): 60,000 Hz
Bit Depth: 8 bits
Color Format: RGB
Color Space: Standard Dynamic Range (SDR)

Let me know what you guys think might be this issue...

Thanks!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I actually miss that game :) Played it quite a lot back in the day. Where did you source the installer for the game? That being said, your OS is pending an update. Make and model of your laptop? An SKU would help us two fold. Can you see what BIOS version you're on? You can use CPU-Z to show you what your BIOS version is(listed under the Mainboard tab).

Might want to see if reinstalling your APU drivers helps. You're advised to use to use DDU to rid your platform of GPU drivers and then manually reinstall the latest driver(previously sourced from AMD's support site) in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Also tried on a different computer and instead of this display issue I had some major fps drop when looking at moving objects/action.
Specs to the second system exhibiting an issue with the same title?

Apr 10, 2022
Such a great game indeed! It's been a while since I haven't tried it but every time it seems to have some sort of issues...

Source is from an original CD with added latest patch from ''patches-scroll.de'' website. Unfortunately after doing the system updates as you mentioned, my problem shifted to a new one for some reason.

Now the moment I move the mouse/camera it kicks me out to Windows screen with an ''insufficient memory'' error message. I tried using a different game mode like the tutorial and the moment it starts it also kicks me back to Windows but this time with ''invalid argument'' error message. Do I still have to go through the same procedure since it's a different issue now?

Here is a more detailed version of my current computer specs:

https://imgur.com/a/kyW4dZk

For the other computer with the low FPS here are it's specs:

https://imgur.com/a/HKpifNn

Thanks again for your help!