Display issues

kragox

Distinguished
May 6, 2010
I have a 32" LCD Sharp Aquos, model I think is LCC3237U that I run my computer tower off of but I have problems if I try and run the display settings above 800x600. I was wondering if this would be fixed if I upgrade the firmware settings and if so where would I get these upgrades? Whenever I try and run it at a higher display setting all I get is a thing saying "Signal isnt compatible with this display setting" or some crap like that. Its frustrating.

Solution

Shut down Windows. Re-start computer. When any signs of life to appear on the monitor (or any other monitor if Sharp refuses to show anything), press Ctrl Pause.
This will stop loading and lock the screen at whatever it is showing you, but at a low resolution.

If monitor does not show it, turn off monitor, unplug monitor, wait about 5 mins and plug back in with
no video cable. Make it work as a TV, switch input to computer and plug in cable.

If your monitor sees your computer ok, press any key to continue loading, but start in safe mode (Peck at the F8 key),
select safe mode (no need of command prompt or networking).

Continue into...
Your TV/Monitor has a resolution limit of 1366x768.
You can find the highest resolution that will work by going to your adapter properties....

Right-click a blank area of the screen, select
Properties>Settings>Advanced>Adapter>List all modes

In the list, select a 32 bit resolution that comes closest to your 1366x768 and also try that res interlaced and not interlaced. The refresh rate should be 60 Hertz, (but trying 50 may give higher resolution results)
If the screen goes bizerk, wait 15 seconds and Windows will restore back to where you were.

kragox

Distinguished
May 6, 2010

I tried this and the resolution hasn't reset itself. Its still saying incompatible signal.

Shut down Windows. Re-start computer. When any signs of life to appear on the monitor (or any other monitor if Sharp refuses to show anything), press Ctrl Pause.
This will stop loading and lock the screen at whatever it is showing you, but at a low resolution.

If monitor does not show it, turn off monitor, unplug monitor, wait about 5 mins and plug back in with
no video cable. Make it work as a TV, switch input to computer and plug in cable.

If your monitor sees your computer ok, press any key to continue loading, but start in safe mode (Peck at the F8 key),
select safe mode (no need of command prompt or networking).

Continue into safe mode.
Go to screen properties and change resolution to something that worked.

Re-start Windows.

Try 1360x768 @60 Hertz. This is about as good as you're going to get.

Solution

kragox

Distinguished
May 6, 2010

Worked perfectly. Had to down it to 1024x768 but its running on the tv now so any thanks.