Display keeps cutting out, why?

Jerrod01

Commendable
Dec 7, 2016
Hello everyone, im having a pretty big problem. Here's the situation it started when I was playing escape from tarkov. After about and hour of playing the display froze for about a second. After that the display cut out and the sound repeated itself for about 1 second. After that there is a disconnect sound and reconnect sound I hear. I continue to hear sounds like discord and stuff but not the game. Nothing happens and Im force to restart. After that I get an error saying that the drivers failed to launch and it launched windows basic display drives. However it is fixed once I restart the computer once again. I took a break for about 2 days and I played pubg for about an hour and the issue happened again. and now it happens in all game when the gpu is under too much load.

Specs

Msi z270 sli plus
corsair gold 650w
msi gtx 970 twin forzers
Gn246hl monitor
16gb ram
I7 7700k

things I've tried.

deleting and reinstalling the graphics card drivers.
reinstalling the games (idk why)
tried games that don't create too much load(the computer works fine with these) Ex: Castle Crashers

When I tried the Gpu and a second computer the gpu worked fine I had no issues so I know its not the gpu, and on the computer that has the problem when i used intel HD graphics Everything worked fine. I did a stress test and played a couple rounds of fortnite on Hd graphics and no problem. So Im thinking its either a dirty pcie slot, bad motherboard or bad psu but idk.

Jerrod01

Commendable
Dec 7, 2016

Thank you, it's a little trouble some because whenever I put my gpu under load for even a second the display cuts out. However when putting the CPU and HDgraphics under stress the voltages seemed fine.

Well.....two things...first....it's good to hear the voltages are fine under HDGraphics. This tends to move us away from the PSU....although it still could be the PSU as the gpu probably draws more and a PSU problem might show up in this case.

The other idea....is that it's the actual gpu itself.