Question Display Keeps Disconnecting Randomly (w/Video)

PaPies

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2014
Sometimes it happens every ~30 seconds, sometimes every 12 hours, but it will keep it's consistency.

I am running the Display (TV in this case) via HDMI connected to a 30 series Nvidia GPU (RTX 3080)

Please watch the entire video as it happens more than 1 time.
Here is a video demonstrating what is happening:
Due to the low quality of the video, here is a closerup the display uses:
0eWYblb.png

I don't even need to be viewing HDR10 & Dolby vision at times and it does it.

As stated, it happens randomly, When it decides to start, it either does it frequently or every few hours, sometimes there are days where it doesn't do it once.

Here is the cable that I am using - 10m -
rnXHtYQ.jpg

Sometimes it loses signal completely, removing and inserting the HDMI cable again fixes the problem.

At this point I hope someone had this issue before and there is a solution because I am struggling!

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.

You speak of having an RTX3080, how are the PCIe connectors hooked up to you GPU? As for you drivers, did you try using DDU and then manually reinstalling with the latest drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

PaPies

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2014
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.

You speak of having an RTX3080, how are the PCIe connectors hooked up to you GPU? As for you drivers, did you try using DDU and then manually reinstalling with the latest drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?
Hey, this only happens over HDMI and only on the TV, does not happen with the 2 other monitors that I've had for YEARS!.

CPU: 10700k
CPU cooler: 360ML AIO Coolermaster
Motherboard: z490 Gaming X Gigabyte
Ram: 16x2 3200Mhz
SSD/HDD: 4SSD/2HDD
GPU: RTX 3080
PSU: V750 Gold Coolermaster fully modular, ~5 years
Chassis: TUF ASUS
Monitor: Happening on TCL C735 4K QLED

Everything is up to date including the Bios.