[SOLVED] Display looks washed out after installing graphics card

May 14, 2020
I installed a GeForce GTX 1050 graphics card and after installing the driver my screen looks washed out. The only thing I changed was I went from a VGA cord to a HDMI to DVI cord from Amazon. I went into the Nvidia control panel to change the settings around but nothing I did fixed the issue.

May 14, 2020
Set correct resolution for your monitor. LCD monitors have only single (native) resolution, where everything looks right. With wrong resolution image will look blurry.
What make/model monitor are you using?
Yes I have it set to the recommended native res. I have an AOC Model L24H898. It is a 1080p monitor

Yes I have it set to the recommended native res. I have an AOC Model L24H898. It is a 1080p monitor

That is actually made as a TV not a computer monitor, which tend to have a lot worse processing of computer signals on cheap models. One thing is odd you said you used a "HDMI to DVI cord" which I am guessing is the other way around, DVI to HDMI, but why since both the video card and TV should HDMI on them? Why not just use HDMI out on the video card?

May 14, 2020
That is actually made as a TV not a computer monitor, which tend to have a lot worse processing of computer signals on cheap models. One thing is odd you said you used a "HDMI to DVI cord" which I am guessing is the other way around, DVI to HDMI, but why since both the video card and TV should HDMI on them? Why not just use HDMI out on the video card?
I did try HDMI out of video card to HDMI into the monitor and I still had the same issue. The issue seemed to be a bad HDMI output on the monitor.