[SOLVED] Display loses signal

When playing games, sometimes display will automatically lose signal. I can still hear the sound through my headset for a few seconds. Turning monitor on or off during this state has no effect. I would then restart my PC manually by holding power button of the system. Not sure if it is related but my PC sometimes also restarts while playing games. What could be the cause of this problem? I have updated my drivers but it still doesn't solve it. Any help is appreciated.
My specs are
HP z230 i5 4th gen with a Rx 570 graphics card. It has 4 sticks of 4gb rams. These models have their own built-in PSU I think of 400 watts

Last edited:
Solution
It's a HP z230 i5 4th gen with a Rx 570 graphics card. It has 4 sticks of 4gb rams. These models have their own built-in PSU I think of 400 watts.
Being as it's a HP own PSU, I'd potentially be looking here first, as they are notoriously poor quality.
The fact that you state the PC randomly restarts is another good pointer. Can you borrow a good quality PSU from someone to swap and retest? How long have you had the PSU?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
It's a HP z230 i5 4th gen with a Rx 570 graphics card. It has 4 sticks of 4gb rams. These models have their own built-in PSU I think of 400 watts.
Being as it's a HP own PSU, I'd potentially be looking here first, as they are notoriously poor quality.
The fact that you state the PC randomly restarts is another good pointer. Can you borrow a good quality PSU from someone to swap and retest? How long have you had the PSU?

Solution
I bought it from a 2nd hand shop. So I don't know how old the PSU is. I also suspected it be a problem with psu or ram. The guy I bought it from has ordered a connector to connect new PSU with it. I guess I will test it then

Reactions: PC Tailor

TRENDING THREADS