Question Display memory error

normie123

Reputable
May 20, 2018
Hello
A long while ago i built myself a pc from parts i found in pc's from friends, I can't remember the specs, all i know is it had a 2gb graphics card. I was playing EU4 when suddenly it stopped working, it shut down and never worked again

A little while ago i got a pc from a friend, an intel I3 540, 8 gb ram and 1.5 tb storage and figured i would put the graphics card from the old one
Without the graphics card it boots and plays well, it works perfectly
But whenever i plug in the graphics card it doesn't work
It boots, beeps twice fast then 8 times slow, but doesn't post
The keyboard and mouce have current and the fans and hard drives spin but that's it.
The motherboard is an ASRock H55M-LE.
I looked up the beep code and it says display memory error
I have an older ati hd3450 and it works but it only has 512 mb video amd honestly the pc runs better without it because the Catalyst software doesn't work on W10
Could somebody help or explain why it doesn't post or how i could make it work?

Lutfij

Titan
What is the make and model of your PSU in your build? I suspect that the PSU needs replacing with one that's reliably built but we're going to need to know the entire specs for your build to understand the sort of wattage you're going to need with a discrete GPU in the system.

Please try and list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Please also mention the spare parts you've used to rule out your current GPU being the culprit.

normie123

Reputable
May 20, 2018
What is the make and model of your PSU in your build? I suspect that the PSU needs replacing with one that's reliably built but we're going to need to know the entire specs for your build to understand the sort of wattage you're going to need with a discrete GPU in the system.

Please try and list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Please also mention the spare parts you've used to rule out your current GPU being the culprit.

CPU: Intel core I3 540
MoBo: AsRock h55m-le
ram: 2x4gb ram at 1333mhz, unnamed
hdd: 2 1tb seagate baracuda
gpu: it uses the integrated graphics but i am trying to plug in an ATI hd 6570
Psu: HIPRO HP-D4302RWB2 430W
UNNAMED CHASSIS
Windows 10 Pro

normie123

Reputable
May 20, 2018
CPU: Intel core I3 540
MoBo: AsRock h55m-le
ram: 2x4gb ram at 1333mhz, unnamed
hdd: 2 1tb seagate baracuda
gpu: it uses the integrated graphics but i am trying to plug in an ATI hd 6570
Psu: HIPRO HP-D4302RWB2 430W
UNNAMED CHASSIS
Windows 10 Pro
And i used an older ati 3450 before and it worked but it was worse than the integrated graphics because the Catalyst software doesn't work on windows 10