Display Mode in XP

jeff

Just installed XP PRO upgrade. All was fine then I
changed resolution and now have error message,"VGA MODE
NO SUPPORT". I cannot get back into computer to change
resolution. Have rebooted, F11'd and "Load Defaults" but
still nothing. Using KDS Radius monitor, no reset that I
see on the monitor. Restore HD is not an option.
Emachines does not support upgrades. Machine is T2240.
Please advise. Thanks in advance. Frantic.

Jeff, try tapping F8 repeatedly on Startup. You should get a Menu. There's
an option to select VGA
Try that. If that doesnt work do the same but select Safe Mode. See if
you can get to the Desktop to
change the resolution.