Display not detected with a dvi to vga connector!

MorsMortis1337

Reputable
Sep 12, 2015
Hello.I have this weird problem with my pc after I changed my GPU.My monitor is Acer x223w.I previously a GPU that had a vga slot so I could easily connect my monitor with a vga cable.But when I got myself ATI Radeon 5770 which has no vga slot , my pc cant detect the monitor.I use a dvi to vga connector and the monitor is working fine , but I cant install drivers and use all the options I need because the monitor is not detectable in device manager.I tried to switch the primary display from the BIOS to the onboard video and when I did that I managed to detect the monitor but the GPU doesnt work obviously.Ive tried the drivers from the Acer website ,changing the the other dvi slot on the video card(it has 2) but it doesnt work for some reason. ive tried clean install and ive tried different connectors.Help!

MorsMortis1337

Reputable
Sep 12, 2015
Thanks for the reply! I have my video card drivers installed and I am able to use my native resolution via the CCC Display properties.But I still cant install the monitor drivers and I have some weird interactions in some games because of it.(For example I cant use the image scaling options properly if I want to force a 4:3 aspect ratio)