Question Display not showing through HDMI

Jul 5, 2022
Hi guys, so my computer is about 10 years old and I just recently upgraded my CPU to an intel i7-4790K and got a new Dell monitor. But the monitor is not detecting the HDMI port and the monitor is working fine because it's able to connect to my laptop. Previously, the monitor was connected to a DVI port and worked but not sure why it won't work through HDMI? I have a EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2 GB Superclocked Video Card and unsure what to do.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Include the age of the PSU apart from the make and model of the unit. Please state the model for the processor prior to the upgrade + the cooling solution you'd used for both processors. Also, now would be a good time to inspect the CPU socket for any bent or broken pins. Did you connect to the motherboard's display ports without the discrete GPU to see if you get display using the iGPU?

Jul 5, 2022

CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Include the age of the PSU apart from the make and model of the unit. Please state the model for the processor prior to the upgrade + the cooling solution you'd used for both processors. Also, now would be a good time to inspect the CPU socket for any bent or broken pins. Did you connect to the motherboard's display ports without the discrete GPU to see if you get display using the iGPU?

CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Hello, so my specs are:
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4 GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard: Asus Z97-C ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR3-1600 CL9 Memory
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2 GB Superclocked Video Card
Monitor: Dell S2421H 23.8" 1920x1080 75 Hz Monitor

Would using the discrete GPU be plugging in the HDMI cord into the motherboard instead of the video card?

TRENDING THREADS