Display not working/ GPU fans working but not showing on PC

Feb 5, 2019
I have had my PC for over 3 years now, i was watching some videos when all of a sudden my main monitor, that is connected to my Gainward Geforce GTX 970 GPU just went to a black screen and now all i have is my secondary monitor, that is connected to the onboard graphics. I have checked solutions online however, my GPU fans are still spinning, the DVI cable to the GPU is working. i would like to say that i installed another 8gb of DDR4 ram last week, it was all fine until two days ago.

I have Plugged just the DVI cable into the BenQ Monitor via Motherboard to Monitor and the cable was working perfectly fine. However, soon as i put the DVI cable into the BenQ Monitor to the GPU it does not display on the BenQ Monitor. My second Monitor Is always connected to my Motherboard via HDMI and that is working fine, that is how i'm writing this now. I have talked on a Live chat with Nvidia and they kept repeating them selves, not understanding what i was talking about, asking me to put the cables back in even though i told them i have done that at least 10 times.

CPU:i5 6400
Motherboard:Asus strix B250F
Ram: 16gb 4x4 2133mhx
SSD/HDD: x2 1 tb hdd
GPU:Gainward GTX 970
PSU: Corsair VS550
Chassis: N/A

Secondary Monitor - Samsung S24D590L 24 Inch - Plugged in via HDMI To my Motherboard.
Main monitor - BenQ GL2450-T 24 inch - Plugged in via DVI to my GPU.

Ralston18

Titan
Has the PC ever been opened and cleaned?

One thing that happens over time (3 years for the PC) is that components expand and contract as they heat up and cool.

They also work loose and connectivity suffers.

Power off the PC, unplug, and open the case. Doublecheck that all components, cables, jumpers, RAM, etc. are all fully and firmly in place.

Clean the insides if case and components are covered with dust and debris. Do so carefully using canned air and follow the instructions. No vacuums.

If not done correctly, you can damage things while cleaning.

Get help from a knowledgeable family member or friend if necessary.