[SOLVED] Display Not Working With New Graphics Card

Jul 25, 2021
Hello,

I am having trouble with getting a display to work. I previously had an NVIDIA 20 series card but recently downgrade back to a 10 series card.

My problem is that I have an amd cpu with no integrated graphics and am unable to update any drivers. I do not have access to my old gpu. Any advice/recommendations? Thanks

Solution
It was actually brand new from best buy (only thing they or any store around me had). If I try it on another pc what is the main objective just to see if the other pc recognizes it? Should I put it in the second slot that is available? And run both at the same time?
Maybe old stock, didnt think you could get one new anymore.

The goal would be to see if it works properly. You are getting no output/display from the 1030 in your PC, so if you do get a display output from the same GPU in a different PC, then you know the issue is with your PC, not the new GPU. And you should try the GPU on its own. You can also try in combination like you asked, but dont plug the display into the 1030, just look through the device lists for the...

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Double check by sight and feel that the 10 series card and all other components, connectors, etc. are fully and firmly in place.

Do you see any display during POST/ boot up?

Any beeps: some pattern of short and long beeps perhaps? Listen carefully.

Are you able to try the new GPU in another known working computer?

Are you able to test the current display on another known working computer.

Or test another known working display on your computer?

Objective being to narrow down the source of the problem: GPU, Display, video cable, host computer.

Jul 25, 2021
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Double check by sight and feel that the 10 series card and all other components, connectors, etc. are fully and firmly in place.

Do you see any display during POST/ boot up?

Any beeps: some pattern of short and long beeps perhaps? Listen carefully.

Are you able to try the new GPU in another known working computer?

Are you able to test the current display on another known working computer.

Or test another known working display on your computer?

Objective being to narrow down the source of the problem: GPU, Display, video cable, host computer.

Thanks for the response. I currently run windows 10.
My old gpu was a EVGA 2060 and new one is the Gigabyte 1030.
Motherboard is Asus Tuf 570 wifi I believe.
Cpu is AMD ryzen 3700

The monitor is in working condition checked with another pc, along with the hdmi cable. The gpu seems to be properly installed as the small fan on it turns on when booting up.

I may be able to try it in another pc in about a day or so. Let me know if any other information would be helpful! Thanks again!

Jul 25, 2021
Where did you get the GT 1030? Was it on the used market? It is getting older now, and is possibly broken if used. I would recommend putting it in another system if possible, to see if the issue follows the GPU to another PC.
It was actually brand new from best buy (only thing they or any store around me had). If I try it on another pc what is the main objective just to see if the other pc recognizes it? Should I put it in the second slot that is available? And run both at the same time?

Maybe old stock, didnt think you could get one new anymore.

The goal would be to see if it works properly. You are getting no output/display from the 1030 in your PC, so if you do get a display output from the same GPU in a different PC, then you know the issue is with your PC, not the new GPU. And you should try the GPU on its own. You can also try in combination like you asked, but dont plug the display into the 1030, just look through the device lists for the 1030, and make sure it shows up and reads as a 1030 properly. Use the 1030 on its own first though.

Solution