Question Display panel: can it be repaired or replaced

amirtondari

Honorable
Mar 9, 2016
Hey guys!
I have a asus g551vw gaming laptop with 4k display. About a week ago suddenly display gon dim and brightness reduced I checked the brightness level and it was at max I pushed the display and brightness got back to normal after that this happened more frequently until finally a part of display gone black I tried pushing again and the thing in the first picture I uploaded happened.
dm8enq.jpg

Showed it to a repair guy and he said problem is the panel and he showed me something like the second picture that I uploaded and said one of the things that I circled in the picture is the problem and cannot be repaired or replace and I should replace the whole display. I doubt he's telling the truth and he just wants to take more money from me.
dnlxs9.jpg

I just wanted to khow it's true or not?

Brightness issues might indicate a faulty backlight and your pushing on the panel probably caused physical damage. I'm moderately sure he is telling the truth.

The good news is that the panel can be replaced and it is fairly easy to do. You can usually find replacement panels for less than $120 as well as YouTube guides on replacing them. So, if you don't want to, you don't have to give the repair guy any more money. The only question you need to answer is what resolution screen your current laptop has. Once you know that you can get a part number and start comparing prices.

Reactions: amirtondari

amirtondari

Honorable
Mar 9, 2016
Brightness issues might indicate a faulty backlight and your pushing on the panel probably caused physical damage. I'm moderately sure he is telling the truth.

The good news is that the panel can be replaced and it is fairly easy to do. You can usually find replacement panels for less than $120 as well as YouTube guides on replacing them. So, if you don't want to, you don't have to give the repair guy any more money. The only question you need to answer is what resolution screen your current laptop has. Once you know that you can get a part number and start comparing prices.
Thanks