[SOLVED] Display port not working on rtx 3060

May 20, 2022
Hi, I have a problem, because I bought a new monitor and connected it as the main monitor to HDMI and it works normally, and when my old monitor (IIyama GB2530HSU) is connected to (I want dual monitors) display (1.4) goes black and displays "no signal detected "I tried a lot of solutions such as: I bought an HDMI-Displayport adapter it did not work I bought a new DP 1.4 cable still does not work and no signal detected pops up, I also tried to disconnect the computer and monitor from the power supply for 30 minutes and then connecting everything did not help, again i installed all the drivers for the graphics card, tried every DP input on my graphics card, no way can help me at the moment. I will add that this is also a new computer. I will add that the DP cable is definitely working, the monitor is the same (hdmi works normally) i5 11400f NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 16 GB DDR4-RAM 2666 MHz PSU 550W Mainboard MSI B560M-A PRO

Solution
whether I switch to automatic or the display does not change, and I tried your trick and unfortunately I did not find 2 monitors
So either DP ports on GPU don't work, or your monitor(s) have problem communicating via DP cable with particular GPU model (but at least the IIyama does not appear to be THAT old to actually expect this kind of problem). Nothing else comes to mind.

Fatblabs

Commendable
Jun 29, 2021
Hi, I have a problem, because I bought a new monitor and connected it as the main monitor to HDMI and it works normally, and when my old monitor (IIyama GB2530HSU) is connected to (I want dual monitors) display (1.4) goes black and displays "no signal detected "I tried a lot of solutions such as: I bought an HDMI-Displayport adapter it did not work I bought a new DP 1.4 cable still does not work and no signal detected pops up, I also tried to disconnect the computer and monitor from the power supply for 30 minutes and then connecting everything did not help, again i installed all the drivers for the graphics card, tried every DP input on my graphics card, no way can help me at the moment. I will add that this is also a new computer. I will add that the DP cable is definitely working, the monitor is the same (hdmi works normally) i5 11400f NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 16 GB DDR4-RAM 2666 MHz PSU 550W Mainboard MSI B560M-A PRO
550 watts? You should upgrade your psu just to be safe 550 watts is the bare minimum. Also what's the specific psu model?

I tried a lot of solutions such as,...,...

the problem is that it doesn't detect it at all
you didn't mention anything regarding the OS' actual detection of the display.

with both connected via their default cable/connection;
show screenshots of 'Device Manager > Monitors' expanded,
'Settings > System > Display' (after selecting the "Detect" option,
and of 'Nvidia Control Panel > Display > Set up multiple displays'.

May 20, 2022
May 20, 2022
How about connecting ONLY Iyama via DP cable? Does it work then? If it does then once you are in Windows connect the other monitor via HDMI.
When I connect iiyama only dp, it also does not work, as well as connect the main monitor via dp, there is also a problem with the signal

When I connect iiyama only dp, it also does not work, as well as connect the main monitor via dp, there is also a problem with the signal
Input Select on monitor set to Auto or Display Port?
If monitor works with HDMI, you can try this trick: connect it with HDMI only, then once in Windows connect it with also DP cable (so you have two cables now). Check in Device Manager if the monitor appears twice now. If it does, switch Input Select on monitor to DP, disconnect HDMI, connect other monitor. If that won't work I would assume GPU failure.

May 20, 2022
Input Select on monitor set to Auto or Display Port?
If monitor works with HDMI, you can try this trick: connect it with HDMI only, then once in Windows connect it with also DP cable (so you have two cables now). Check in Device Manager if the monitor appears twice now. If it does, switch Input Select on monitor to DP, disconnect HDMI, connect other monitor. If that won't work I would assume GPU failure.
whether I switch to automatic or the display does not change, and I tried your trick and unfortunately I did not find 2 monitors

So either DP ports on GPU don't work, or your monitor(s) have problem communicating via DP cable with particular GPU model (but at least the IIyama does not appear to be THAT old to actually expect this kind of problem). Nothing else comes to mind.

Solution