Question Display Port not working with Asus rtx 2080

Jul 8, 2019
So I recently got my hands on an asus GeForce rtx 2080 and have a 144hz monitor. (One of the asus vg248’s) So I had to use hdmi on the monitor since I was waiting for a display port cable to arrive at my house, and the hdmi only clocked out at 60hz. So once the display port arrived (1.4) and I hooked it up to my monitor it showed display port no signal. I’ve turned the power off and then back on, uninstalled drivers and the Experience application but to no avail. As soon as I unplug the display port and plug in the hdmi it outputs a signal to the monitor. Is there any way to get the display port to run on my monitor and output signal?
Thanks

Jul 8, 2019
Sorry I put this under the CPU forum but I wanted to bring this to attention and hopefully get an answer quickly.
So I recently got my hands on an asus GeForce rtx 2080 and have a 144hz monitor. (One of the asus vg248’s) So I had to use hdmi on the monitor since I was waiting for a display port cable to arrive at my house, and the hdmi only clocked out at 60hz. So once the display port arrived (1.4) and I hooked it up to my monitor it showed display port no signal. I’ve turned the power off and then back on, uninstalled drivers and the Experience application but to no avail. As soon as I unplug the display port and plug in the hdmi it outputs a signal to the monitor. Is there any way to get the display port to run on my monitor and output signal?
Thanks

boju

Titan
Ambassador
What Displayport cable did you get?

Try power down pc and monitor. Only have Displayport cable connected, remove hdmi from monitor and pc if still connected. If Displayport cable has locking pins, make sure both ends are a good fit and shouldn't easily pull out like hdmi.

Turn on pc a few seconds before monitor. If still no signal check monitor's input is set to auto or Displayport.