Question Display port on 3060 ti

May 22, 2022
My display port won't work on my monitor when I plug it into my 3060 ti. All I get is a black screen no signal.
I tried new driver updates for the GPU installation. Clean boot and got on the phone with nividia for help and they say it's not the drivers fault. I tried new display port cables. No luck. Only hdmi works but when i play anything it has massive frame drops.
I'm worried my graphics card is messed up some how I tried to check online and youtube but can't find any solution. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.
I've only had the pc for three weeks. It's brand new. All I do is play destiny 2 so far.

It's mek hero G1 1736KFT

Specs:
Intel 11th gen i7 11700KF 8 core 16 thread 3.6 ghz up to 5.0ghz max.
GPU: Zotac geforce rtx 3060 ti 8gb GDDR6.
RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200mhz.
1TB NVMe M.2 SSD.
700 watt power supply 80 plus gold.
Windows 11 64 bit.
240 liquid cooled radiator for the processor.

Last edited:

jcarter12

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011
Could be a monitor issue, do you have access to another monitor to test if the issue persists?
I have a monitor that the display is "dying" and sometimes I get a black screen and Ihave to activily switch to HDMI then back to Display Port for it to display correctly.

May 22, 2022
Could be a monitor issue, do you have access to another monitor to test if the issue persists?
I have a monitor that the display is "dying" and sometimes I get a black screen and Ihave to activily switch to HDMI then back to Display Port for it to display correctly.
No I don't have another monitor. Don't really got money right now for that test either right now

May 22, 2022
you will need to determine what the exact power supply and the motherboard make & model is for any further input into a possible hardware issue.
I honestly don't know and I travel for work I won't be home for some time to figure that out. All I know is it happened after the driver update for the GPU. I tried to restore the setting but it went into black screen.