[SOLVED] Display port prioriy on the ROG-STRIX-RTX2070S-O8G-GAMING

Nov 14, 2021
I have the Display port order on the ROG-STRIX-RTX2070S-O8G-GAMING (RTX-2070 Super) and I am trying to find out about the display port priority. The problem is that I have and HDMI monitor and a USB-TypeC Graphics tablet attached to my PC. For Windows it is not an issue to set the main display but I can't seem to be able to change the display screen for BIOS. It seems that the graphics tablet has taken the highest priority and BIOS displays on it, instead of the HDMI monitor. Even in Windows, the graphics tablet shows up as number 1.

Is there any way to:
  1. Know what is the default port priority on the video card
  2. Change the priority so that the HDMI post is higher than the USB C port?
P.S. I have tried going into the BIOS, but the EZ Setup Utility doesn't seem to have anything to switch display port priority.

Solution
Very interesting findings.
https://superuser.com/questions/895988/how-do-i-change-which-monitor-my-computer-uses-at-boot
This suggests that different BIOS can let you choose, some GPUs display BIOS in all outputs, some in just the non labeled as port1 and so on.
It's up to your hardware manufacturer as it seems.

You may also want to read this. A forum member found a "solution". The rest did what I said and worked. Buffled...
I had the same problem and I solved it exactly like that. When I used a specific monitor as the primary in Windows, it was also the primary in BIOS.

Try it and then please tell me if it works. If it doesn't I really don't know why mine worked.

I am using 2 DP and 1 HDMI. Maybe because you also use USB C, makes a difference

Nov 14, 2021
Sorry it did not work like that for me. Tried both the Windows 10 method and the Nvidia Control Panel method. Even tried a different HDMI port on the motherboard. the USB-C graphics tablet remains as default bios display device. In case you are wondering even with the tablet off, the PC detects it and this is the issue. I don't want to turn on my graphics tablet just to go into BIOS and I don't want to keep removing and inserting the cable every time I want to use the graphics tablet. I just want the HDMI to be the default BIOS display port.

Sorry it did not work like that for me. Tried both the Windows 10 method and the Nvidia Control Panel method. Even tried a different HDMI port on the motherboard. the USB-C graphics tablet remains as default bios display device. In case you are wondering even with the tablet off, the PC detects it and this is the issue. I don't want to turn on my graphics tablet just to go into BIOS and I don't want to keep removing and inserting the cable every time I want to use the graphics tablet. I just want the HDMI to be the default BIOS display port.
That's interesting. I am sorry I couldn't help. I will search about this a bit more to see if I find something useful.

Very interesting findings.
https://superuser.com/questions/895988/how-do-i-change-which-monitor-my-computer-uses-at-boot
This suggests that different BIOS can let you choose, some GPUs display BIOS in all outputs, some in just the non labeled as port1 and so on.
It's up to your hardware manufacturer as it seems.

You may also want to read this. A forum member found a "solution". The rest did what I said and worked. Buffled...

Solution