Question Display port to DVI issue.

Mar 22, 2019
Hi, i have a problem while connecting my new pc to my old monitor.
Im using a dp to dvi cable adapter where the dp is connected to the gpu and the dv to the monitor.
Before installing the gpu driver, windows shows up at a 800x600 screen , when installed the screen goes black.
Any help?
Also my hdmi to vga adapter is not working too...

I think the most likely thing is that video card is trying to send a signal at an unsupported resolution. What I would suggest is hooking up 2 monitors (monitor + TV?), then after installing the GPU driver, adjust the resolution to get the monitor working. This assume the newer monitor (or TV) works.

There is one other possibility ... Your GPU might require the use of an active displayport cable (or adapter). It depends on the model and it's capabilities.

Your GPU has an HDMI output ... does HDMI to HDMI work?

I suspect the HDMI to VGA is not working also because of the a resolution issue.

Mar 22, 2019
I think the most likely thing is that video card is trying to send a signal at an unsupported resolution. What I would suggest is hooking up 2 monitors (monitor + TV?), then after installing the GPU driver, adjust the resolution to get the monitor working. This assume the newer monitor (or TV) works.

There is one other possibility ... Your GPU might require the use of an active displayport cable (or adapter). It depends on the model and it's capabilities.

I suspect the HDMI to VGA is not working also because of the a resolution issue.
I suspect a resolution issue too, i share the screen with my friend on discord to get him to guide my mouse when im blind cause of the problem (371IQ) and we tried to change the resolution, it couldnt get lower than 1600x1200 , i tried on the tv and worked fine by hdmi, ill try to do what you said and give a response

Mar 22, 2019

I tried and failed, my pc cant detect the monitor...