Question display port vs hdmi

tushardehra

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2012
i have got gtx 1650 but text is grainy on win 10 is this possible that wire is bad and what will be the quality difference between dvi to display port and dvi to hdmi cable for 1080p streaming

All these connections are digital, so the cable sould have no impact on the quality. Usually it either works or doesn't work.
What exactly do you mean with "grainy"? I noticed sometimes one of my monitors (connected via HDMI) is a bit blurry, but after a restart or change of resolution and back that is fixed.

All of them, DVI, HDMI and DisplaPort are technically able to support high refreshrate 1080p displays.
If using DVI make sure it's a dual-link cable, for DisplayPort it should support version 1.2 and for HDMI it should support version 2.0. The actual supprt comes down to what your monitor and graphics card support.

tushardehra

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2012
All these connections are digital, so the cable sould have no impact on the quality. Usually it either works or doesn't work.
What exactly do you mean with "grainy"? I noticed sometimes one of my monitors (connected via HDMI) is a bit blurry, but after a restart or change of resolution and back that is fixed.

All of them, DVI, HDMI and DisplaPort are technically able to support high refreshrate 1080p displays.
If using DVI make sure it's a dual-link cable, for DisplayPort it should support version 1.2 and for HDMI it should support version 2.0. The actual supprt comes down to what your monitor and graphics card support.
i had gtx 770 it was dead so with onboard igpu intel screen text was grainy and pixelated then i thought with gpu new it will be sorted out but still same netflix hd is not good it is also pixelated not crystal clear i am helpless now wha to do should i change wire

i have got gtx 1650 but text is grainy on win 10 is this possible that wire is bad and what will be the quality difference between dvi to display port and dvi to hdmi cable for 1080p streaming
Are you using correct resolution for your monitor?
What monitor model are you using? And what resolution?

As to about your question - no, there should be no quality differences between different digital video outputs. Some may provide higher refresh rates, but that's it.

tushardehra

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2012
Are you using correct resolution for your monitor?
What monitor model are you using? And what resolution?

As to about your question - no, there should be no quality differences between different digital video outputs. Some may provide higher refresh rates, but that's it.
samsung syncmaster 2233sw 1080p dont know why netflix and everything creating problem after my gtx 770 died on me