Question Display port won’t come off my GPU

Jul 29, 2020
Hello guys,

I was planning to change the case of my PC for a new one that I like. I already disconnected all the cord from the back of my case except for the display port which is connected to my monitor and GPU. No matter how hard I push/press the “button” of the display port I still can’t remove it from my GPU. I’m afraid that the “button” is damaged or broken. Is there any way I can still disconnect it from my GPU without applying too much strength on pulling it? Any answers and suggestions will be greatly appriciated.

Thanks

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Can you descibe what DP cable/connector you're using? Or post a pic? I had a DP to HDMI adapter that had that problem. I had to use a pair of needle nose pliers to squeeze the release button further in than my fingers could manage on their own.

Might try gently flexing the connector side to side (flat side) and see if it frees itself.

Reactions: fritzdvd
Jul 29, 2020
Can you descibe what DP cable/connector you're using? Or post a pic? I had a DP to HDMI adapter that had that problem. I had to use a pair of needle nose pliers to squeeze the release button further in than my fingers could manage on their own.

Might try gently flexing the connector side to side (flat side) and see if it frees itself.

Hello clucthc, I’m using the standard dp connector from my asus tuf vg27vq. Sorry I dont know how to post picture here. I’m just a new member.

TRENDING THREADS