Display problem

For some strange reason, today, I was just using the internet when my screen
just blacked out for one second and then when it came back, the icons and
everything I opened was "weird". Weird as in when you open up a small window,
it seems as if the words are stretched out the entire screen and the icons
are unbelievably brighter. For instance, when you open up internet explorer
the back button is green, but this time its BRIGHT BRIGHT lime green. And
the text is much darker because it looks like its being stretched across the
screen. Like an old television has those bars thats dark, then light, thats
what my computer looks like. I just have a gray bar across the screen
highlighting the text. I have no clue what's happening. Any ideas on what is
happening and how I can fix this problem?

Try your computer with another monitor. Problem solved? If so, your first
monitor is finished.

Same problem? Restart your computer in Safe Mode. Problem solved? If so,
re-install your video driver or update to the latest version of same from
the web site of the video card's manufacturer.

Still having problems? If so, you need a new video card.
--
Ted Zieglar

"Desperate for HELP" <DesperateforHELP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:2E31EAD4-3DC9-47E6-9AED-B63BDCE93AE0@microsoft.com...